Gyroscopic mice

Voltboy

Joined Jan 10, 2007
Hello...
I am trying to use the gyroscopic mouse circuit for a little project (which dont have nothing to do with my question)
Im talking about the mouses that have a ball, and a shaft whuch turns let pulses form the infrared diodes to the infrared receptors..
There is one capacitor in the circuit.. and i just dont get why would its there.. and another things.. the cable is a PS/2 so its connected in VDD (which supossed is the volts in), the CLK (which i think transfers the pulses of the clicks) and DAT and GND.. i know GND if for the ground of PC but whats the DAT for??

thanks
Yoda

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Can you post the schematic of the circuit?

VDD is your logic high voltage, as a compliment to GND. DAT could be the data bus - but again without a schematic this is just a speculative guess.

Dave

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
No gyroscope involved. What you are describing is a standard serial or PS2 mouse. It uses a rotating wheel with slots to interrupt 2 IR interrupters in the x and another setup for the y directions. A dedicated chip interprets the 2 sets of "out of phase" pulses from each interrupter as mouse direction and speed, and sends this information in Serial form down the Data line. The Clock is constant and used to synchronise the data. VDD is normally 5 volts, but is often regulated in the mouse itself (explaining the cap).

Voltboy

Joined Jan 10, 2007
ok srry.. i thought this was called gyroscopic..
but Dave I know that if i had a shcematic i could interpret.. buts thats the problem i dont have a shcematic i just have the mice but Gadget in thsi mice there is no chip to interpret the pulses, there are only 3 diodes, 3 recievers 3 resistors, one capaciotr and switches for the click.. :confused: