Guess the component?

Log2

Joined Nov 29, 2015
I'm not quite sure exactly what this component is. It looks like some sort of temperature related device.

I've googled all the markings on the pcb but to no avail, however I'll post them here for reference:

JJS80271A
94V-0
PCB91008Z1
PCB9100522
DL-HYS-MD-C
CN1

Thats all the markings there are, cn seems to be the component label on the schematic but I don't know what component that is short for.

I'd also like to know how it gathers data, I assume it's an analog switch, if it gets too hot or cold it opens. But this is all speculation.

It was retrieved from a humidifier, it could relate to the water level in the humidifier.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Attachments

Log2

Joined Nov 29, 2015
Interesting, a reed switch is correct Panic Mode, thanks a lot! Interesting why it would be used in a humidifier. It looked like a way for the device to know the lid was on. Seems like there would be easier ways to do it, but whatever, Thanks for the info!

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Our humidifier has a float with a magnet in it. When the water level gets low, the magnet moves to a position away from the reed switch and shuts the fan off.

Roderick Young

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Interesting, a reed switch is correct Panic Mode, thanks a lot! Interesting why it would be used in a humidifier. It looked like a way for the device to know the lid was on. Seems like there would be easier ways to do it, but whatever, Thanks for the info!
Sounds like a good design to me. A reed switch is often used to sense things where physical contact is undesirable. In a humidifier, this means that the electronics can be completely sealed away from the water. I've seen this in bicycle lights, too.