Google Cloud Printing

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello there,

Anybody get Google Cloud Printing to work?

Recently i was trying to get my mobile phone to print to my WiFi printer. One of the options is cloud printing so i went to see how to do this and found that there is this GCP and with that you are supposed to be able ot use any printer whether it is cloud enabled or not. Following the directions, i try to go to the site called 'devices' that supposedly allows you to setup a non cloud . enabled printer (mine) to the cloud and then use your cell phone to print to it. There seems to be no way to get anything to work because the site is gone.
The printer works fine on WiFi and shows up on the phone and the PC computer just fine. I can print just fine from the PC computer over WiFi no problem.

Just to note this doesnt work because there is no "chrome//devices" page or something is gone:
  1. On your PC or Mac, find your system settings, then find the printing section.
  2. Add your printer to your computer. If you need help, refer to the Mac or Windows help site.
  3. Open Chrome
    Chrome
  4. Type chrome://devices and press Enter.
  5. Under "Classic Printers," click Add printers.
  6. In the "Printers to register" section, select the printer you want to share, then click Add printer(s).
  7. To check if your printer was added, click Manage your printers.
NOTE:
I might be able to do it if i can open a file in Chrome on the Android phone.
There seems to be no way to open a file on the SD cards, internal or external cards.
I even tried typing File:/// and the file path but it says that access was denied to the file. That way is too hard to do anyway as there is a lot to type in the address bar.

Last edited: