Good uses for servos.

Bod

Joined Sep 18, 2016
So I have 2 mechanical servos (with the receiver box) lying around and I just don't know what to do with them. So if you guys have any ideas let me know!

Also is there a circuit board that can hold like 500 LEDs but you can power each LED individually because I want to make an equaliser which involves you powering LEDs individually. Or could I use something like RGB LED strips to do it?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
So I have 2 mechanical servos (with the receiver box) lying around and I just don't know what to do with them. So if you guys have any ideas let me know!
Halloween props? (or whatever similar holiday you might have over there across the big pond)
A clock?
Is this like RC car servos? or larger motors?

and now your other post about the leds and a PCB fabrication company in the UK makes a bit more sense...

details man.. details... without "good" details behind questions its just a guessing game and pulling information from you..

Bod

Joined Sep 18, 2016
Halloween props? (or whatever similar holiday you might have over there across the big pond)
A clock?
Is this like RC car servos? or larger motors?
Halloween props is an amazing idea. As far as I know a clock would not be possible because they are RC car motors so they can only turn 180 degrees. But thanks anyway!

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Halloween props is an amazing idea. As far as I know a clock would not be possible because they are RC car motors so they can only turn 180 degrees. But thanks anyway!
Creative thinking! Clock hands do not necessarily have to cover 360 degrees to display the time - that is just our convention.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Creative thinking! Clock hands do not necessarily have to cover 360 degrees to display the time - that is just our convention.
That reminds me my first training voyage in open sea in a former US small frigate. Clocks had the 24 hours instead of the usual 12.

What a confusion! Never seen one like that again, thanks God.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Useful devices. Used one to remotely reset a rifle target, & recently for controlling an air valve for an illuminated bouncing ball, a small version of Sensacell's Servo 2 00000.JPG 20 ft. tall one, AAC 1-21-2015.

Last edited: