God its hot here high 80's. Whats temp where you are?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
12oC right now, but the sun makes it feel like 16oC. It's a beautiful day!
26F!!! Supposed to get some snow this afternoon. but not much. Maybe an inch.

Wednesday it's supposed to be 56F! Really looking forward to that :D It'll be cloudy though, so no sun. Oh well, 56 is awesome for this time of year. :cool:

Brownout, you're in Florida, correct? I was there a couple of years ago in february and it was absolutely beautiful. 60-80 F, sunny. I do envy you :D

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Hi looswire,

I quit a permanent, full time job to take a temporary contract job that was out of my home state. That's enough to make me worry. The job I quit was very bad for my mental health, so I had to let it go. I'm making much more money now, but I'm basically out of a job in 12 months. I am going on faith that the economy will provide me with more opportunities in the future. If the contract gig works out, I'll try to do it for a couple more years, just to put some money in the bank.

The fortunate thing for me now is I can work anywhere in the US. I got my home in alabama all taken care of now, so I don't have to worry too much about that. And I have a "home on wheels" I can take anywhere now. It's small and cramped, but to me it's better than any other temporary living arrangement.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Hi looswire,

I quit a permanent, full time job to take a temporary contract job that was out of my home state. That's enough to make me worry. The job I quit was very bad for my mental health, so I had to let it go. I'm making much more money now, but I'm basically out of a job in 12 months. I am going on faith that the economy will provide me with more opportunities in the future. If the contract gig works out, I'll try to do it for a couple more years, just to put some money in the bank.

The fortunate thing for me now is I can work anywhere in the US. I got my home in alabama all taken care of now, so I don't have to worry too much about that. And I have a "home on wheels" I can take anywhere now. It's small and cramped, but to me it's better than any other temporary living arrangement.
I did this a while. Its fun but it depends on where your from and where your going. I would imagine AL to FL would be a fun move for a year, but when you live on the gulf most of your life then end up doing a year or so in the South or in the Mnt's. You start to miss the no freezing, girls in bikini's year round, 24 hour night life, fishing, bridge racing, etc.. I don't know if Loosie experiences the same thing but everywhere I go I find it seems like a small town to me either that its acutally a small town with 500k-1m residents, or it just has a small town mentality. For instance Tampa has a population of 340k but Tampa Bay has a population of 4.6m.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
A First has happened today.

Some elementary and middle schools are closed today due to -40º Wind Chill.

It's -4 ºF (-20ºC) with 25-30mph winds, making the windchill -40º (oddly, it's the same in ºF or ºC)

The only other times school has been called off that I remember is due to snow.

Work, of course, has not been called off.

--ETA:

A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS...MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.
I LOL when I saw that Motherly Advice after being told I'd die if I walked outside.:D

Last edited: