Global warming causes earthquakes?

Given that the ocean is currently rising at a rate of ~2 millimeters per year that equates to about .7 trillion metric tons of water. That's about 2.5e-8 of the total weight of the continental and oceanic crust. So the question is what percent of mass redistribution would it take? If 2 millionths of a percent is enough then spinnaker could be onto something.

BTW, the 25 foot storm surge causing Katrina was temporary and statistically insignificant (in terms of the masses I am talking about above)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Tesla contributed to the theory of man-made earthquakes, and now it's a reality.

More Info:

http://www.rense.com/political/weapons/earthqk.htm

Austin
Uh, no. Any source of information from the internet must be judged, I see nothing in this article that makes me believe any of its claims.

Believe half of what you read, and none of what you hear. The internet is more or less the same as the spoken word.

Thing about Tesla's earthquake machine, there is a significant difference between shaking a rickety building and an earthquake.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Uh, no. Any source of information from the internet must be judged, I see nothing in this article that makes me believe any of its claims.

Believe half of what you read, and none of what you hear. The internet is more or less the same as the spoken word.

Thing about Tesla's earthquake machine, there is a significant difference between shaking a rickety building and an earthquake.
But apparently it's been done.

Austin

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Doubtful. When they have problems with the ship, like the engines stop running, generators problems, fires... They still charge the passengers for drinks, even plain water, same as always.

Personally, I don't think it helpful to bring a cruise ship, full tourist into a disaster area, just to feed their own morbid curiosity. Mostly, I think they want to avoid the losses, on all the cruises they booked months before. Beyond the capital, I doubt most see much tourist money, unless a few stay a little too far...
As far as I know the area where the cruise ships go to not sustain damage. There is no morbid curiosity to satisfy.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
But apparently it's been done.

Austin
I doubt it seriously. Find the source, and look closely at the source. Merely stating it has been done isn't proof. We get people all the time who think water is a good fuel.

Tesla's original story involve a brick building. Mythbusters tried to duplicate it, with poor results.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
I doubt it seriously. Find the source, and look closely at the source. Merely stating it has been done isn't proof. We get people all the time who think water is a good fuel.

Tesla's original story involve a brick building. Mythbusters tried to duplicate it, with poor results.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_resonance

Pretty good write up of why it work then, not so much now. Also includes Mythbusters results, which apparently did have some effect, but the bridge was designed to dampen resonance. Regardless, there was no actual earthquake, the structures just shook, like they were.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I think that any adult has the basic's of eathquakes with round the
clock coverage,and I think the last 10 years has taught us civic's
that we did not understand before like signing statments that
presidents do. How many duplicate fee's you have paid on your
earned money by handler's like credit card companies etc.You have learned
that your rights are fragile. We have learned to vote as citzens,that
only you have your self interest at heart. If the banks aren't loaning
that means your benefits are earning interest for banks while you wait it
out. Because all funds have be deposited somewhere,so this has been going on
for couple years,you may have been paying double fees on your retirement
without statement you can understand.So your money is on hold if you are
lucky. If bond rating companies have gone wrong,what esle is there. You have
been a victim of earthquake,the land under you has been destroyed,look at all the victims
around you,Nov.2008 the year the earth shook.

Last edited: