GETTING STEADY

gani

Joined May 15, 2005
hello there,

Here are a few things i wud like to GET cleared.Can someone just check in and tell me ?

1. IN RC PARALLEL CONNT ACROSS DC ITS TAKES INFINITE TIME TO REACH STEADY STATE. WHAT ABOUT ACROSS AC SAY UNDERDAMPED CONDITION?

2. THE SAME APPROACH GOES FOR RL PARALLEL ACROSS DC.RIGHT?

3.I READ THAT THE STEADY STATE IN RL PARALLEL ACROSS DC IS ZERO STATE.L ACTS AS A SHORT AFTER THE TRANSIENT PERIOD.IS THAT WHY ITS CALLED ZERO STATE?BUT IN RC, C ACTS OPEN AFTER SOMETIME THEN IS THAT NOT ZERO STATE?

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT ISZERO STATE AND IF ITS THERE FOR BOTH RL AND RC ACROSS DC.

4.TO FIND THE COMPLETE SOLUTION OF RL OR RC SERIES ACROSS DC

A.APPLY KIRCHOFFS VOLTAGE AND CURRENT LAWS.

B. ASSUME SOLUTION K1 + K2 EXP(st)

C. K1 REFERS TO STEADY STATE Vs/R

D. K2 REFERS TO STEADY STATE FOUND BY APPLYING INITIAL CONDITIONS AT t=0.

IS THIS RIGHT UNDERSTANDING?
IS THIS APPLICABLE FOR RL AND RC PARALLEL ACROSS DC AS WELL?

THANX FOR ALL HELP

gani

Joined May 15, 2005
hey pebe,

thanx for the response.
i din get what i wanted from the link.i have read it before.
maybe i am getting mixed up unnecessarily,eh?

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by gani@Jun 8 2005, 04:17 PM
hey pebe,

thanx for the response.
i din get what i wanted from the link.i have read it before.
maybe i am getting mixed up unnecessarily,eh?
[post=8322]Quoted post[/post]​
Which bit didn't you understand?

gani

Joined May 15, 2005
i think this topic is closed.
guess am just thinking too much and not straight.
hmm....thanx pebe.sorry abt ur time.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi gani

i had been suggesting to you to study the individual effects of applied ac or dc to resistors, capacitors & inductors. becoz this has a direct relationship to combinations of this devices either in series or parallel form. based on your questions it just goes to show that you still have not fully understand the effects on the individual devices. ;)

gani

Joined May 15, 2005
Yes Moz,
I have quite understood how the series and parallel connts of each work but i think i am kinda getn stuck with

the differential eqns of, say,RL parallel and RL series..do they result in the same thing except for difference in time constant.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by gani@Jun 9 2005, 08:08 AM
Yes Moz,
I have quite understood how the series and parallel connts of each work but i think i am kinda getn stuck with

the differential eqns of, say,RL parallel and RL series..do they result in the same thing except for difference in time constant.
[post=8351]Quoted post[/post]​
If you are thinking of time constants, then forget the 'RL in parallel' situation, because the resistor in parallel with an inductor will make no difference to the current flowing in the inductor - that can only be affected by a series resistor.

So if you are considering the time constant of an RL circuit, only the series R situation is valid.

gani

Joined May 15, 2005
Thanx pebe for all ur help.

I have done my homework(as suggested by Moz) read the response of each ,
and atlast i cud write down the eqns for all the cases parallel and series across DC.

Iowe a big thanx to u all!!!