Getting Back Into Electronics

johnmariow

Joined May 4, 2016
Just a tip for those new to the field of electronics. If you are working as an electronic technician or an electronic engineer and you are considering leaving the field for any reason; keep in mind that after you have been out of the field for more than a year, most employers will not respond to your resume. They highly prefer somebody with steady employment in electronics.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
The
Just a tip for those new to the field of electronics. If you are working as an electronic technician or an electronic engineer and you are considering leaving the field for any reason; keep in mind that after you have been out of the field for more than a year, most employers will not respond to your resume. They highly prefer somebody with steady employment in electronics.
They.....

Prefer constant restructuring and multilevel subcontracting, outsourcing, service contracts and to meet government regulations

Joined Nov 30, 2010
after you have been out of the field for more than a year, most employers will not respond to your resume.
You ain't just whistlin' Dixie.
I was on an arc toward Nerdvana when a drunk driver hit me.
Thirteen months in a cast.
When I could walk without crutches I started looking for a job.
"What? You only finished a college degree and passed your State licensing test in a cast? Too bad. You're been unemployed for over a year. Hit the road, Jack."
And, for better or worse, that's when I started rowing my own boat....40 years ago.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I've been out of work several times for a year or so and still manage to find employment.

Try going back to places you left on good terms.

Try padding your resume with "consulting" or other related work.

Companies don't like hiring bums with no ambition, and you start to look like them with holes in your employment. Fill them at all costs short of outright lies.