Get Firefox To Suggest Spelling Corrections

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello there,

Does anyone know of a way to get Firefox to suggest spelling corrections during typing?
For example, if you type:
schedual
it would recommend:
schedule

and if you just type:
sched
it would also recommend:
schedule
and if anything else starts with sched then it would suggest those too in a list perhaps such as:
START_OF_LIST
schedule
scheduled
scheduler
schedulers
schedules
scheduling
END_OF_LIST

I ask because i make a lot of spelling errors and it's annoying to see a red line under a word when you forgot how to spell it.
I have software that will do this, but it's separate from FF and so i'd have to type in another app and i would like to just use FF when possible.

Related, is there an easy way to make a plug in for Firefox so that i can get it to do this?

Thanks.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I just tried it on Firefox, because it is just something I've done with out thinking. When you get the red underline put your cursor on the word and right click on the word; your correct spelling pops up. I too can't spell and spell correct is a god send.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
I just tried it on Firefox, because it is just something I've done with out thinking. When you get the red underline put your cursor on the word and right click on the word; your correct spelling pops up. I too can't spell and spell correct is a god send.
goot idea

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Does anyone know of a way to get Firefox to suggest spelling corrections during typing?
Make sure spell-check is turned on in Firefox:
Open Applications Menu (3 horizontal lines at top right corner) -> Settings -> General. Scroll down to Language and check the box "Check Spelling As You Type"

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Oh ok thanks i'll try it right now.
Ok it does not work with:
"Sched"
but it does work with:
"Schedual"

That's better than nothing, thanks.

In my own software i have it such that if you type a prefix you get the list of words that are in the dictionary that start with that prefix.
So if you type "Sched" you get a list of about 6 or 7 words.

Thanks.

tepalia02

Joined May 13, 2022
Hello there,

For example, if you type:
schedual
it would recommend:
schedule

and if you just type:
sched
it would also recommend:
schedule
and if anything else starts with sched then it would suggest those too in a list perhaps such as:
START_OF_LIST
schedule
scheduled
scheduler
schedulers
schedules
scheduling
END_OF_LIST

I ask because i make a lot of spelling errors and it's annoying to see a red line under a word when you forgot how to spell it.
I have software that will do this, but it's separate from FF and so i'd have to type in another app and i would like to just use FF when possible.

Related, is there an easy way to make a plug in for Firefox so that i can get it to do this?

Thanks.
I prefer installing Grammarly.