Gated pulse circuit for hydrogen generation

Electro007

Joined Apr 4, 2016
Hi guys,I have built the attached circuit and I cannot get it to work. Can you have a look at the circuit diagram and tell me if the diagram is correct cause I have no adjustments on the pots and when I put it on the scope the frequency does not adjust also.Any help or ideas on getting this to work will be apreciated please?If there is a different way of connecting these components it is fine

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I don't understand your question. You didn't use adjustable resistors and therefore cannot adjust frequency? What do you mean by "cannot get it to work"?

Anyway, divide and conquer. Sever the connection from the pin 3 output of the left (slower) 555 to pin 4 of the second (right, faster) 555. Are you getting a square wave at pin 3? What about at the gate of the MOSFET, when pin 4 of the fast 555 is taken high?

Electro007

Joined Apr 4, 2016
I don't understand your question. You didn't use adjustable resistors and therefore cannot adjust frequency? What do you mean by "cannot get it to work"?

Anyway, divide and conquer. Sever the connection from the pin 3 output of the left (slower) 555 to pin 4 of the second (right, faster) 555. Are you getting a square wave at pin 3? What about at the gate of the MOSFET, when pin 4 of the fast 555 is taken high?
I am using the pots as the circuit diagram states. But when I do and I turn them there is no change on the scope and yes I do get a square wave. But I have 12vdc going in and about 1vdc comming out?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

At wich point do you measure the 1Volts?
Lookiing at the schematic, I would raise the value of the 820 Ohms resistor at the gate to ground to 10K Ohms.

Bertus

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Do you have water in the resevoir?
Without any water, the current can not flow.

For the measurement, you could use a 1K resistor accross the 1N4007 diode.

Bertus

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I think I remember you. I believe I read your link on that.

Yea.....do what these fellas tell ya....they'll get it goin.

Glad to see your still trying.