Galvanic Isolator Circuit Bypass Bently Nevada 1701 Vibration Monitor

aquapower

Joined Jul 21, 2018
Hi All

Can anyone confirm if i can bypass this circuit with 2 Female DB9 connectors wired as shown in the attached JPG. The reason been i have no option to get a replacement part anytime soon due to my location and customs clearance but we need this device working ASAP.

The model of isolator is Bently Nevada 170190-01E its a card that plugs in to a rack using 2 female DB9 Connectors i was planning to use 2 DB9 and a short loop of cab;e to bypass where the isolation circuit normally is.

Looking at the 2 circuit diagrams the 170190-01E has and extra pin no.1 VT compared to the 170190-01 is this possibly only to power the circuit do i need to connect Pin.1 VT to any of the pins on the Isolated Side ? if so which one ?

Im Currently in Tanzania, commissioning some Gas Turbines. The turbines use a vibration system by Bently Nevada to monitor the shaft of the turbine. The control System we are installing used to be on an oil rig producing gas in Norway. The regulations and the high possibility of gas in the atmosphere required that all signals that go from a hazardous to non-hazardous area have to have Galvanic Isolators on the circuits. The site im at does not require this and thats the reason for the bypass.

Thanks

Attachments