Fuse blowing of Induction Cooker

F Saxena

Joined Nov 22, 2014
One day my bajaj induction cooker when switched on power fuse blown off. I checked and replaced IGBT H15R1203 with the same value, it starts for a shortwhile and again fuse blown off. I again replaced the IGBT with FGA 25N120 AND on some one's suggestion. But again fuse blown along with house fuse. Off circuit values of Diode, Z-diodes and resistors are seem to be OK.
Kindly suggest who is the culprit and how to handle it.

One day my bajaj induction cooker when switched on power fuse blown off. I checked and replaced IGBT H15R1203 with the same value, it starts for a shortwhile and again fuse blown off. I again replaced the IGBT with FGA 25N120 AND on some one's suggestion. But again fuse blown along with house fuse. Off circuit values of Diode, Z-diodes and resistors are seem to be OK.
Kindly suggest who is the culprit and how to handle it.
Same problem is for me , did you solved your problem, if yes please make an reply ... , Else mail to ( email address removed by moderator -please use private messages on the forum).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Check whether your IGBT has sufficient cooling. Is the fan working OK? Is the airflow clean? IGBT blowing after working for some time is generally due to overheating.

Hi Guys. New to AAC.
I troublshooting blown fuse fault with NSF Iwatani US-9000 induction cook top: Here is what I found:

Unit brought to me from local restaurant for repair.

I immediately identified blown fuse ( burnt black). This identifies an AC short immediately. Poof! So automatically directed me to the high voltage element or the sensor.
then noticed that IGBT 9MBH60) was taken out, shorted.

Checked all other circuitry and installed new MBH60 Transistor. All other circuitry traced OK. No diodes or caps, or transistors bad.

Without installing a POT on hot plate, I Powered up hot plate and it turned on OK. All controls and power appeared OK.

As soon as I installed pot heard the magnet activate and I plate began to draw current, and started to get hot.
Poof...Fuse blew again but did NOT take out the MBH60 transistor.

Isolated fault to either copper coil element shorted or the induction sensor.

Currently looking for parts availability and deciding if repair is economical.

Dillon.

Trace Electronics. Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Last edited by a moderator: