Fully charged drill battery problem. Not working

dimitrish

Joined Dec 19, 2017
Hello to every one. I'm new and I would appreciate some help to my problem. I used my brand new 18v 1,5 ah drill battery to give power to a hobby motor. I used two pieces of cable and I connected the two poles of the motor with two of the four metallic connectors the drill battery has. STUPID. The battery stopped working. Notice that I opened the plastic case of the battery and didn't find any damage on the board and the batteries are fine. The strange thing is that I used the multimeter and the battery has exactly the same measurements with the second battery the drill has.(It has two batteries). When I put the battery on the charger the two lamps of it start blinking. That indicates some problem. Can someone help my with this?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I expect there is a thermistor in there to measure the battery temperature and maybe the wrong connection damaged it so now the charger thinks the battery is too hot or cold to be charged.

dimitrish

Joined Dec 19, 2017
I expect there is a thermistor in there to measure the battery temperature and maybe the wrong connection damaged it so now the charger thinks the battery is too hot or cold to be charged.
Thank you very much my friend. Have any idea how can I check it so I can replace it.?