FSK signal mixed with 35MHz sinewave

Alexandros81

Joined Feb 14, 2017
Hi!
I am about to generate a FSK signal from the NCO module of a PIC. (I don't know if this is posibble yet)
for a logic '1' 5 or 10 khz sinewave will be generated and for a '0' 10 or 20 khz sinewave will be generated (from NCO pic)
The logic signals will be determined from a GUI running on my laptop and there is a FTDI USB to UART cable connected to PIC.
So from PC GUI to usb converted to UART connected to PIC.
Then I want to mix the FSK signal from PIC with a 35MHz sinewave.
Any suggestions for a mixer circuit? Is the diode ring mixer ok for this?
Is the mixing going to work for the fsk at low frequency with the 35MHz signal?
Do I have to do any filtering after the NCO (fsk signal) and before the mixer?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Do you know who you will be interfering with as your RF escapes into the ether? If it happens to be the feds, they will be more than a bit testy when they track you down.

Last edited:

Alexandros81

Joined Feb 14, 2017
Do you who you will be interfering with as your RF escapes into the ether? If it happens to be the feds, they will be more than a bit testy when they track you down.
I don't think I'll be intefering with anyone. It is just a tx for testing. Later on will be used for Radio Control. I am not in the US

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't think I'll be intefering with anyone. It is just a tx for testing. Later on will be used for Radio Control. I am not in the US
It doesn't matter where you are on the planet, somebody has the rights to every bit of spectrum from DC to blue light; and with a 35 MHz. carrier you will interfere with someone, trust me on this.