FSK modulator IC

Joe24

Joined May 18, 2007
Hello all,

I am having some trouble finding an FSK modulator/Transmitter and demodulator/Receiver chip in a DIP package to use in a simple experiment.

Trough my online search, I am able to find these chips but in different chip packages.

Does anyone know where I can find these chips??

Thanks

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Could you let us in on the mystery? You have found suitable IC's, but in package styles you do not wish to use, if I have understood your second sentence. What is the type number of the IC?

Joe24

Joined May 18, 2007
Yes you understood correctly. I need an IC in a DIP package, so that I can breadboard a circuit together instead of having to solder one on a PCB.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as a Mystery?

As for the IC type number, I have not found ONE specific IC that I plan to use yet. I have seen many. But just need a bit of direction where I can find a simple FSK IC in DIP package.

Thanks,

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It sounded as if you had a device selected, but needed the equivalent in a different package.

Don't think you are going to find it all in one chip. The FSK part is dead easy, see the link - http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/CircuitBook/Modulators_and_Demodulators/FSK/6241.html.

The frequencies can easily drive the input to a transmitter, and a receiver can apply those frequencies to selection filters to convert back to digital data.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If your tones are in the audio range, any walkie talkie would be able to work. Perhaps someone can give a more specific recommendation.