Frustrating Windows 10 glitch

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
Windows 10 is not as bad as everyone said it would be. I have tweaked mine to look like Win 7 and not have that Win 8 stupid touch screen or phone, tablet interface. Looks like Win Xp on my computer except they have put some things in different places. OK so they moved stuff around but my thing with it all is that they stopped certain older programs from working altogether on it..... Meaning now you have to upgrade or change something you have gotten use to because they deem it obsolete.
Brzrkr

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
If they didn't keep changing the operating system and hardware to make the older versions obsolete and unusable, they would never be able to keep selling more software and computers. Now you can buy a much faster computer with a vast memory and storage system but it runs even slower than the older smaller versions did because the operating system is now huge, full of fancy utilities that you will never use, filling up the memory and storage and slowing everything down as it collects your personal data, saves it on the cloud and decides which advertising to inundate you with.
They call it "Progress"!
I am still using XP!
Keith

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
s there an account with admin privileges that can be used to reset her password?
as far as i get it ... if you never used the Administrator . . . then in recovery console your PW will be [Enter] . . . maybe
but even then if you don't know about recovery options - it's better get assistance from the Microsoft or your local PC store/repair company - may cost you up to $300 or more but if you have your important files e-mails .... not getting lost it may be worth it

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
as far as i get it ... if you never used the Administrator . . . then in recovery console your PW will be [Enter] . . . maybe
but even then if you don't know about recovery options - it's better get assistance from the Microsoft or your local PC store/repair company - may cost you up to $300 or more but if you have your important files e-mails .... not getting lost it may be worth it
I recommend that you shop around the computer repair shops for the best price on recovering Win10 access. I can buy a refurbished laptop for under $300
Keith