from philippines here, need help in our school project :'(

immanic

Joined Oct 9, 2010
can someone please help us. we need a schematic design for our stepper motor(astrosyn 17pw-m003) driver. we need 5v, 1A.

(switching transistor for the driver of our stepper motor)
the triggering current needed for our power transistor(tip29a) is 10ma. but the output current of our controller is only 33 microamp.how can we make our controller output current 10 ma?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
can someone please help us. we need a schematic design for our stepper motor(astrosyn 17pw-m003) driver. we need 5v, 1A.

(switching transistor for the driver of our stepper motor)
the triggering current needed for our power transistor(tip29a) is 10ma. but the output current of our controller is only 33 microamp.how can we make our controller output current 10 ma?
You need a current gain of ~300. I think there may be transistors that can do that, or just use 2 in a darlington pair. Or, you could use something like a comparator or op-amp to boost the signal. Op-amp is probably the best option if you have a circuit board with a power supply for it.

immanic

Joined Oct 9, 2010
for the base transistor problem,,, i agree that op amp is the best solution. tnx a lot ^^ can you help me with the driver that can give 5v and 1A?with a supply of 16v dc?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
for the base transistor problem,,, i agree that op amp is the best solution. tnx a lot ^^ can you help me with the driver that can give 5v and 1A?with a supply of 16v dc?
What is the amperage rating of the 16v supply? You'll need at least 1A for "simple" solutions (linear voltage regulator, ie. 7805), and at least about 0.4A for ANY solution (SMPS).

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
the rating is 2A
Now that I think about it, I think a standard 7805 is only rated to 0.5 A. A LM317T can take you to 1.5A with a good heat sink, so you should probably look up the datasheet for that one. It's very versatile to have around in your "bag of tricks".

immanic

Joined Oct 9, 2010
@wayneh, since we have both of the component, you suggested, we'll try both. thanks a lot, you're a big help. can i have followup questions if i encounter another problem?? aprex8 a lot