North Korea launching rocket toward the Philippines

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
The only thing I can think of when I see countries or regions like this is: What do the people have to do with this?

Before they were seperated by soviets and americans they were one nation. Even today they would have the power to say "NO" to separation and mass brain washing. Not without causing some casulties, sure.:mad:

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Unfortunately they can't say no to brainwashing.

If your only source of information for your whole life was controlled, even with you knowing, why would you doubt it? I would bet that they believe it is normal.

The tears at kim Jon ils funeral were probably real. You'd cry for real if you had been told, and had no reason to doubt, for what he 'did'.

It's very easy for us to say, "omgee, they are so dumb, they can't see they are being brainwashed". No. In fact, they are quite clever, they have just had information restricted from the moment they are born. And so many of their parents and no doubt most of their grandparents.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."

From the only fiction book I've enjoyed. I think about it a lot.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
It makes me angry too. But some day, it will fall. All empires/regimes do.

But there's very little we can do right now. Sometimes the best policy is to wait.

Revolutions are like energy. They cannot be created or destroyed.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I haven't seen so much brainwashing as goes on here... (by which I do not mean AAC). Brainwashed into buying trucks, shopping at supermarkets, maintaining a line of credit blah blah blah... keep the wheel spinning. There is no form of government that does not want to fully control the populace, it is just the matter of which form is chosen. I applaud the US for their choices as there never will be a revolution here (that is my prediction anyway) as people are happily apathetic unlike with other regimes - look at Europe, Russia, Asia... uncertain

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I haven't seen so much brainwashing as goes on here... (by which I do not mean AAC). Brainwashed into buying trucks, shopping at supermarkets, maintaining a line of credit blah blah blah... keep the wheel spinning. There is no form of government that does not want to fully control the populace, it is just the matter of which form is chosen. I applaud the US for their choices as there never will be a revolution here (that is my prediction anyway) as people are happily apathetic unlike with other regimes - look at Europe, Russia, Asia... uncertain
Just trying thats a matter of opinion. Down in the south were sitting on a powder keg about to explode and we've had full riots for less. What happens when this Travon Martin this comes to a head they put Zimmerman on trial and he's found guilty? Anyone one remember the 1991 rodney king riots. Now just imagine that with social networking and twitter. Every project in the country could explode to the point civi's have to step up and keep em contained. Which is what happened here in 91. No one expected things to start up in our city over some crap in CA. But low and behold around 10pm after it started up in CA it started up here. The only thing that stopped them was their proximaty to local stores and shops, and the cops and civi's with guns that formed walls blocking them inside their project. Luckily our poor are smart enough not to burn their own home so thats a bonus for us. I fully believe armed revolution is coming and the gov will be overwhelmed. I don't think we'll over throw our gov, but we will force major change to the way the system is. Americans are getting madder and madder every day they can't pay their rent and own way way way too many guns. I mean really theres 2 guns for every person in the US. Plus a revolution in the US would be much easier then other places in the world. Kids grow up hand in hand with guns. Its a right of passage over here. I remember when I was 8 I was given my first 20 gauge. at 9 I was given a .22, at 11 I was given a 30-06. So you give a gun to almost any american boy and they'll know how to load it, rack it, and fire it with no instruction at all.

Its getting bad enough now the thugs are shooting up empty police cars.
http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-267...-car-near-george-zimmerman-home-28907471.html

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Luckily our poor are smart enough not to burn their own home so thats a bonus for us.
That's not true of every place. I was just watching tru TV the other day "wild riots" where a white supremecist group went marching through a ghetto shouting racist garbage through megaphones. Cops were everywhere. The residents started throwing bottles, bricks, trashcans, whatever at the white supremecists & then the cops and then ambulances, and that progressed into tearing down fences and looting stores. Several homes & business were burned to the ground before it was all said & done, because they set fires & then wouldn't let the fire dept in to put them out. I tried to find the footage on Youtube but no luck.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Thing to remember, it is an opinion, not a fact. If it were a fact you would not be here, but since you are...

Until then, let's keep it on topic, all the topics. We have let you have your say on your topics, now it is your turn.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Maxpower, I understand where you are coming from. But if something happens over this case, I cannot see a positive outcome. There is no leader to take this (or any other) nation out of its current path of self destruction. The last organized act of civil disobedience that was relevant was in Seattle. From what you are describing, people are waiting for a martyr to take up guns and start shooting... a bit like WWI

On topic: Korea will do what they want. The rest of the world has to pay for the decisions they made in 1945-1948. And that's all there is to it. Same goes for Iran and many other countries that are being used by US, Europe (Britain, France and Germany I guess are the main offenders) and Russia.