FRM01 Timer relay questions

Doccarson

Joined Sep 2, 2017
So I bought this relay as a this device and I think I've set it up correctly. However I don't think I'm using the right mode and might not have it wired in correctly.

I have a 9V batter set up to DC+/-. A momentary switch set up on CH1/DC+ and it seems to be doing the job of triggering and resetting. DC- to Com and comm to DC- on the next device and NO to DC+ on the other device.

So I'm wondering why it doesn't seem to be working correctly, any and all input will be appreciated.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
So I bought this relay as a this device and I think I've set it up correctly. However I don't think I'm using the right mode and might not have it wired in correctly.

I have a 9V batter set up to DC+/-. A momentary switch set up on CH1/DC+ and it seems to be doing the job of triggering and resetting. DC- to Com and comm to DC- on the next device and NO to DC+ on the other device.

So I'm wondering why it doesn't seem to be working correctly, any and all input will be appreciated.

You didn’t leave your webcam on so I cannot see your project. If you don’t have a webcam, you might try posting s photo, some drawings, a schematic, model numbers of your device or ANY information we might be able to use to help you.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
This is the manual for the timer relay you have.
"The multifunctional relay control module (FRM01), designed for the customers of different needs, micro-controller as the main control unit, preset 18 kinds of functions, and can be based on user needs, customize and add other specific functions".

You need to explain exactly which function(s) you are trying to use and how you have this implemented in a circuit.

Ron

Doccarson

Joined Sep 2, 2017
Well actually I've been thinking about it and I think I want to go with a different relay. By chance does anyone make a controller that can do multiple countdowns at once? Its controlling a signal generator for an audio output. Like I mentioned, the generator works like a charm, but I was thinking it would be nice to set up to 5 countdowns that could trigger the generator independently.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A block diagram would help. I have no idea what you mean when you say:
but I was thinking it would be nice to set up to 5 countdowns that could trigger the generator independently.
Trigger the generator exactly how? You need to better describe what you have in mind.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Sounds like you want what is commonly called a "Delay on Make" timer. You may also want to look at your batteries and how much current you will need. The link should afford you some timer ideas.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
It looks like it would work. What I dislike about most of the stuff like this pouring in from China is the poor descriptions and lack of actual data sheets. While the prices are cheap it is difficult to know exactly what you are getting. It does look like a delay on make with four individual input triggers and four output relays.

Ron

Doccarson

Joined Sep 2, 2017
Yeah, I had to use google translate to read the printing on the board. Lemme see what I can do with the one I have and I think I'll order this one just in case. I'll keep you guys up to date.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A "buzz" can be any number of things including possibly a relay coil. While buzzing you can try probing with a finger on the relays and feel for the buzz.

Ron