Frequency to Voltage Converter

Yoga Purna Tama

Joined Jan 25, 2015
Hello everyone.

im yoga from indonesia. im currently working on my final project. i need device that can convert frequency (up to 360 KHz) to voltage for my project. i tried LM 2907 but apparently it has maximum frequency around 2.5 Khz.

is there another way for me to convert the frequency i need? what IC or Circuit should i use?

thank you very much for any help...

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I don't know what the minimum and maximum frequency you have is. You might be able to just lower your frequency with a divider to get it to work with your part.

jjw

Joined Dec 24, 2013
You can use a monostable multivibrator with a pulsewidth 1/fmax triggered with the signal and its output filtered with RC filter.

This might be more expensive than your whole project, but, have you considered an x30000 frequency divider? It would drop your frequency range to the 1-12 Hz range. Would the rest of your circuit work with that?

Yoga Purna Tama

Joined Jan 25, 2015
Yeah, did you look at the data sheet link I posted in post #2?

Ron
hello ron. i already read the datasheet but i cant figure out how to use it. i mean the maximum frequency input or the vpp input. because i use function generator for the input. am i getting wrong? thank you for your help

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The simple solution would have been a nice simple F/V Module, you can try a Google of "Frequency to Voltage Module" and see what you find but I didn't have much luck above 50 KHz or so. The Analog Devices chip I suggested would require building a board for it and the board would need built to tight specifications. The chip requires external components and mounting can be critical. I believe the problem you will face is while your frequencies are hardly what I would call High Frequency they are high enough that most over the counter modules I have seen won't do it.

Maybe another member has a thought for F/V conversion of 30KHz to 350 KHz = 0 to 5V?

Ron