Frequency Question (HHO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleigher

Joined Jan 23, 2012
Hi Everyone.

I have a question about a frequency generator chip. If I were to use a chip like this one LTC1799,

http://cds.linear.com/docs/Datasheet/1799fc.pdf

and I wanted to use it to output a certain frequency, somewhere in the 40 to 44 Khz range, what could I do to take the output and manifest it mechanically in a piece of sheet metal or something like that? Or am I going about solving this completely the wrong way and I need to generate that frequency another way?

I am new to this sort of thing and only know what I have taught myself at home testing circuits and what not.

Thanks

--

Last edited by a moderator:

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
and manifest it mechanically in a piece of sheet metal or something like that?
What does that mean?

If you have a look at the first picture in the datasheet you posted you'll see that all you need is a resistor to determine frequency.

For about 44kHz tie pin 4 to Vcc and use a resistor value of 22k.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
The oscillator IC will run at the frequencies you mention. It is not clear however whatm problem are you trying to solve, nor how you are trying to do it.

In principle, an oscillator could supply a signal to a power amplifier, which could drive an ultrasonic transducer to vibrate a metal plate. Such a transducer may be expensive, particularly if high power levels are involved

sleigher

Joined Jan 23, 2012
I know all I need is a resistor to set the frequency. That's the easy part. I will probably use a variable POT to attempt to fine tune the frequency.

I want to vibrate a piece of 26 gauge stainless steel. It is very thin metal so the transducer thing might work. I guess I will have to sort out how much power I will need. Will be a plate about 5 or 6 inches square. Maybe about 10 of them together.

I will just have start small and experiment to see where I need to go.

Thanks guys. This was a big help.

--

sleigher

Joined Jan 23, 2012
Thanks for the info.

I am curious about the transducer though. From what I have read the ceramic type are cut for a specific frequency. I am not exactly sure what the specific frequency is that I need. Somewhere in the 41.5 to 43 Khz range.

Are transducers capable of dealing with a varying frequency? Is there something else I can use to dial in the specific frequency I need? A variable ultrasonic transducer?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
What are you trying to achieve? There may be a simpler solution to what you'd like to do.

This company sells transducers for ultrasonic cleaners, which is about the best drive you'll be able to get for your project, though I'd suggest using a thinner metal sheet of the smallest dimensions to start with.

The amount of power used in cleaners is 50 Watts (A LOT of amplification, if you are starting with the VCO) and the transducers aren't able to be tuned over a wide range, maybe 500Hz either side of center, you'd be best getting info from a company similar to the one linked.

You'll also probably want to get a small transducer as a receiver to connect to an amp and scope to determine if the output in air is at the amplitude and frequency desired.

--ETA: 300Watt to 1500 Watt Variable Frequency Ultrasonic Transducer array

Last edited:

sleigher

Joined Jan 23, 2012
You guys gave me a good idea. I am gonna take apart one of those ultra sonic humidifiers and see if I can modify that to get what I want cheaply. They sell them online for $45.

Ultimately, I want to make the metal resonate at the frequency of water, while performing low voltage electrolysis to see if it increases the output of HHO gas. Seems I need a lot of power for the frequency aspect of it to be at all useful though. I guess that's what testing is. Test different methods and see what I get.

I see lots of dry cells and wet cells but I don't see anyone attempting to mix the different theories together to increase production.

I might even go down the path of making chemalloy to see if vibrating that at the resonant frequency of the water will increase output. Also while performing electrolysis with it. 3 HHO producing technologies in one.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Several issues here,

There is no resonate frequency of water, unless you count the terahertz range (10e15 hertz). This is a myth promoted by scammers selling HHO.

HHO is not allowed at this site, as it is a scam that we refuse to support. I assume you are talking overunity, which is the usual goal. If overunity existed, the creation of energy from nothing, the universe would basically cease to exist in the explosion that would follow. However, it is very profitable for scammers, and so it goes. There are three laws of thermodynamics that cover this, but science does not let a scammer make money.

No more HHO, overunity, or Meyer

I am closing this thread. This is not a punishment, but as I said, this subject is not allowed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.