Fourier Analysis-question 5

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
And what have you done thus far to solve question 5? Just thought I’d mention that this is the Homework Help forum. The rules of the forum are that we cannot provide answers. If the thread starter (you) supplies their work, someone will review it with you, ask follow up questions to determine your level of understanding and provide you direction so that you can solve the problem yourself.

In short, this is Homework Help; it is not Homework Done for You.

malli_1729

Joined Nov 28, 2012
you can create same circuit (with Sine wave voltage sources) in any spice simulations tools like LTSpice/TINA-Ti and check it easily yourself.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
you can create same circuit (with Sine wave voltage sources) in any spice simulations tools like LTSpice/TINA-Ti and check it easily yourself.
Since this is a Fourier Analysis problem, his is probably expected to arrive at a solution using Fourier Analysis. My guess is that he has just covered Parseval's Theorem in class.

The Electrician

Joined Oct 9, 2007
What is the definition of "magnitude" that your text is using?
Definitions that occur to me are "RMS", "peak", "peak-to-peak" and "average". I include all those just for completeness although I don't see how some of them could be used in this problem. Are there others in common use?

I ask because I don't get any of the four answers. There is a constant term of 10 in the function. How could the magnitude of the overall function be less than 10 for any reasonable definition of magnitude?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Definitions that occur to me are "RMS", "peak", "peak-to-peak" and "average". I include all those just for completeness although I don't see how some of them could be used in this problem. Are there others in common use?

I ask because I don't get any of the four answers. There is a constant term of 10 in the function. How could the magnitude of the overall function be less than 10 for any reasonable definition of magnitude?
The only way I can think of is for peak-to-peak, since that ignores the DC component. But that doesn't seem to be a reasonable interpretation for this problem.