Four-year anniversary -- still kickin'

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Today marks four years since I joined AAC. While it hasn't all been smooth sailing, I can still say that the environment here is good far more days than it is bad and that I have learned a lot and, hopefully, helped at least a few.

Interestingly, when my daughter turns 9 I will be just a few days from being here 4.5 years (so half that). Let's see, if I subtract off the time that she's been gone living in Taiwan.... Nah, that's only totals a bit under 2.5 years. But if I then subtract off the time before she and her mom first made it into the country for us to be together that is a bit over 2 years. So, closely, when she turns 9 I will have spent as many days as a member of AAC as I have spent with my daughter. Which means that, since my wife is currently in Taiwan to repo our daughter and they'll be back in three weeks, that that relationship is roughly true right now.

Amazing where your mind can wander when you are trying to avoid actually doing work.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thanks.

I know my style isn't for everyone, but that's why it's so nice to have different people with different styles. I've seen most of the regulars do really solid work helping some people and make no headway with others. It's a matter of the style of the TS and the mentor being compatible and that is a real hit and miss thing.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I know my style isn't for everyone, but that's why it's so nice to have different people with different styles.
Lemme tell ya -- Adoption of your 'units tracking' technique has greatly simplified my life! How truly education is a life-long process!

Many, many sincere thanks!:):):)

HP:cool: