Forum Response Thread - How are things loading?

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
I'm wondering if, because of the emphasis on Javascript in the later versions of vB, along with the added mods that also include Javascript files, if the loading issues is simply with javascript execution. If this is the case, I may start slowly removing some features/javascript code that are not essential.

Give 10.53 a try :) I'm using the latest FF 3.6.3 and haven't experienced a loading problem like yours.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Bertus noticed it also, I wonder what he is using.

Ok, I checked, 10.10 for linux is the latest. 10.5 is being released in a few days.

I also use IE8 at work, and I experience the same problem there..Actually worse. But most likely tied to the time of day, and my network response.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Something else I noticed, the other day, there was a fella looking for a way to build his wishing machine to cast his wishes to outer space on a magnetic current, and anyway, he posted like 30 times, but his post count stayed at 1.

I have not noticed if my or any other members have experienced frozen post counts, so I was thinking it may not have been updating the DB with the postcount var.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Anytime... i mean really. I cant seem to get away from this place. I assume I have an intervention in my future. I just hope it isn't televised. ;)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I donno why but Fridays always creates problem.
Either no response from server or page load error at least twice, given around a 4 hr interval.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Just thought I'd mention I couldn't load the site at all yesterday in the UK from about 1830h to 1900h BST (GMT+1). I'm on ADSL and all other sites were working fine. It was just timing out, and I tried a few pages from my history - it was the same for all.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I have at&t every nite at 2:00 O'clock eastern,I get page cannot
be found.If I hang around for a half hour doing the news,It may come back.
I don't care about the count,a member should be a member no more or no less.