Flyback Converter FET selection

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
Hi All
I wanted to enquire if anyone could let me know if the following FET is suitbale for a flyback converter I am designning the FET sees a maximum current of 130A, and sees a max voltage of 24V due to leakage inductance of the flyback converte. If not could anyone make any suggestions of a replacement (I would perfer it in the ISOTOP package), could you explain what other parameters I should be looking at for this application other than VDS , current and rdson. The switching frequency is 100kHz.

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDet...kYD7tlN8ERvlnqUv4RgcNHkYRyXbHEAGoCVAt2lT9ig==

Would really appreciate assistance on this.

Thanks

Art

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
That FET is rated as 88A continuous current at Tc=100°C, so couldn't handle 130A for any prolonged period (unless you were able to keep Tc down to near 25°C by use of a ginormous water-cooled heatsink).

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
That FET is rated as 88A continuous current at Tc=100°C, so couldn't handle 130A for any prolonged period (unless you were able to keep Tc down to near 25°C by use of a ginormous water-cooled heatsink).
Ah! Wow good spot, are there any other characteristics I should be looking for that would suit a flyback converter more like Charge etc?