fluctuating magnetic field generator design

Mechat

Joined Nov 18, 2018
Hi All,

trying to design a circuit with a solenoid to generate a magnetic field by a DC current.
now I need to open and close the circuit at a certain frequency to make it a fluctuating field.
What components do I need for this circuit?

the real estate is an issue so the components should be very small in order of less than 1mm
Thank you very much!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You have way too many unknowns.
  • strength of magnetic field
  • current
  • voltage
  • frequency
Come back with those specifications.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Where will you find a 1.5V supply with any dimension less than 1mm?
Do you have experience of soldering components of that size?
What solenoid do you propose using? Even the tiny ones in battery powered watches are much bigger than 1mm.

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
What solenoid do you propose using? Even the tiny ones in battery powered watches are much bigger than 1mm.
I agree, this might be possible if you have access to microelectronics technology from a factory and even then I don't know if it will be doable with the standard technology or will need a 1 million dollar laser.

Mechat

Joined Nov 18, 2018

Thank you for your response. Let's just forget the size! the real question is what components I need for a fully functional circuit.
Thanks

Mechat

Joined Nov 18, 2018
Thank you for your response. Let's just forget the size! the real question is what components I need for a fully functional circuit.
Thanks