flow rate calculation

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Now, if your question is more of are there other sample periods for which the calibration is valid, then my answer would be it depends on if the system scales linearly. If so, one could use a different sample period and apply an appropriate scaling factor. Otherwise, one would require an array of coefficients and select the correct one depending on the the sampled value. The more non-linear the system, the more that the calibration becomes an approximation, assuming a constant number of coefficients.

Ok, now my brain hurts.
I'm not talking about a calibration in which the unit will read within spec only over some reasonable range of inputs under some reasonable range of conditions around the calibration conditions. I'm talking about something like getting a "calibrated" capacitance meter that only displays the correct capacitance precisely 11 seconds after you insert the capacitor because that happens to be when it displayed the correct value for their calibration capacitor. So that is the only moment in time with the displayed value is the correct capacitance while it is wrong at all times before and after that (even though it still displays a "capacitance", it is just wrong).

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I don't know what else to tell you. Sampling is used everywhere. What I've described is very basic sampling. It used time, quantity, and calibrated coefficients to measure an quantity or a rate change. I've given examples of such systems.

IMO, the question was intended as an exercise in system analysis and used a basic sampling scenario. To me, it's very simple. If I were the student, that's how I would answer the question, and would defend my answer as I've done here.