Fishing Thread

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Wheres my great white?
Oh and the biggest non IFGA record was 335# in Louisianna. I know this because as we were being arrested in NO a bus drove by showing LA tarpon record. We all brought it up to the cop cause we FL tarpon fishers and had all our rods and reels with us, so they arrested everyone but us from FL and let us go.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Also to prove my point Tarpon get much larger these are just the IFGA records which means these are only fish super rich fisherman go for because the boat they chartered has an IFGA official on it, or your in a tourney and each boat has an IFGA official. If you go down to the local bridge and catch a 400lb tarpon the IFGA record will still be 196 FF and 286 RR. But since you didn't have an IFGA official with you when you caught your 400lb tarpon its not classified as a world record.

SO WHERES MY DAMN SHARK? :)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
A good funny story from back in the 70's on the gandy bridge. People landed some incredibe drum, like 800lb one time and more. Plus we have huge bullsharks that cruise thru at 15ft... Well the dumb rednecks would tie a chain around their waist and throw their bait in. Needless to say 4 rednecks would be talking and fishing, then you turn around and there would be 3 rednecks. This happened a bunch of times it became local lore for people not to be dumb enough to tie them selves to the bait.

Also Loosie they kept snook season closed here another year, what about you guys.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Max ,Don't know,they still do the four red neck thing,I was the forth redneck.

You can't see the chain on my ankle in my ocean picture. I met a diver

showing off his shark pictures and how dangerous the ocean was,I showed

him my picture. I made a new group of diver friends. Some the non-divers

that saw the shark pictures and my picture said I had to be fearless. I was

announed and entertained the whole group.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
@ Max ,Don't know,they still do the four red neck thing,I was the forth redneck.

You can't see the chain on my ankle in my ocean picture. I met a diver

showing off his shark pictures and how dangerous the ocean was,I showed

him my picture. I made a new group of diver friends. Some the non-divers

that saw the shark pictures and my picture said I had to be fearless. I was

announed and entertained the whole group.
Another "fish story"....? :D:D:D

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
@ Debe,tell the guy's about the box jelly fish from your country that float

the oceans and the seas of the world.
I'll take box jellies over living in the largest bullshark breeding bay in the world. People get eaten all the time just swimming, well not eaten, just usually a big bite.But an 18 ft shark only needs 1 bite.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Can you at least admit my story is believable since we were fishing the boca grande tarpon tourney? And Tarpon obviously get 300-400lb. Just look at some of the old pics from the 30's and 40's. Some had to be 450+
lol :) I'll meet you half way. It's definitely possible, which is more than I gave credit for initially. but, believable?
I don't know what's more unbelievable, that you caught a 230lb tarpon or that you did not take a picture of it.
If I caught a 230lb anything there would be photo evidence of it. Apparently the guys in the 30's and 40's felt the same way.
I'm not inclined to believe any fishing story unless there's photo evidence. We all know the level of embellishment and just pure lies that seem to be compulsory when telling fishing stories.