Fishing alarm for rig fishing to avoid thefting our catched fish

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi I4,
OK, so what is the steady state power consumption of the project when it is installed and running.?
Also the power requirement the when in alarm state.?
E

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
hi I4,
OK, so what is the steady state power consumption of the project when it is installed and running.?
E
It's
hi I4,
E
I just added last updated circuit with the help of well known member SGHIOTO
Please see the attached file
I expect
LED 9v, SENSOR 9v, Breaker loop 9v blue colour X mark on circuit
And phone will be 5v for phone charge voltage regulated into 5v
MEMBERS PLEASE CHECK THIS CIRCUIT BY CONSIDERING THE BELLOW IDEAS ALREADY DONE BUT PLEASE CHECK THE CURRENT PASSAGE AND WORKING IN THEORETICAL ASPECTS. . .
1. When a big target fish bite the bait connected with fishing line the blue X marked thin insulated wire loop connected to fishing line breaks or enimy animals breaks breaker loop by entering farm land , then the 4N25 will act as a magnetic switch which is connected to phone the line will be shorted and it acts as a long press in phone's 1key at this time voice call will be initiated to saved phone number

2.LED will flash when a call initiated into the phone the vibration sensor sticked on phone will trigger the LED to flash (to easily locate the phone from long distance about 500mtr at rivers, and when at forest near farm land

1614392502077.png

Last edited:

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
You still need to find out how much current the phone uses to complete the setup. Can you get that data?

Last edited:

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
You still need to find out how much current the phone uses to complete the setup. Can you get that data?
[/QUOTE
Just correct me when I says wrong

Phone normal battery is 18 day as per company data but practically it's 10 day 800mAh but battery is removed and connected to 5v with 18000mAh battery so roughly we can calculate its need will be 6000mAh roughly it will stand upto but it's powered to last than normal situation by the continuous support of solar cell

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
hi I4,
Interesting circuit but have calculated the power requirements in operational standby and when in alarm state.?
E
hi I4,
Interesting circuit but have calculated the power requirements in operational standby and when in alarm state.?
E
Battery have 18000mAh capacity,
And day time input as solar power , phone need only 800mAh for 10 day at stand
I have a doubt in this circuit ,When I use this battery is it possible to last whole night for with and without alarm?

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Three 6000ma batteries in series is still 6000ma but at 9.6 volts nominal. A 6000 ma 5 volt supply will probably power that phone for days. But I would still like to know the actual current the phone requires to finalize some component values.

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
Three 6000ma batteries in series is still 6000ma but at 9.6 volts nominal. A 6000 ma 5 volt supply will probably power that phone for days. But I would still like to know the actual current the phone requires to finalize some component values.
Currently I have no facility but after some hours I will test it by a Multimeter and will update it , please keep in touch , I will come back at evening time. . .

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
@Idea4device I am surprised no one has revisited the impracticality of your "sensor". The idea of using a breaking wire is extremely impractical. The mechanics of ensuring it will behave as you expect, the cost of resetting it (both in time and materials), and the unknown but very suspect reliability make it a very poor choice without some testing to prove its efficacy.

My advice, from a long career of executing projects is to reconsider this part before making all the effort on the rest. While I would abandon it and look for a different solution, if you really feel it is a good idea, I would strongly suggest you build a test device that can prove out the method. This can be as simple as running the loop and seeing it if gets broken in the right circumstances and doesn't generate false alarms. It doesn't even require the circuit, a multimeter resistance check should be sufficient.

Sometimes we make the mistake of defining a problem in terms of a proposed solution. That is, we latch on to a possible solution and pursue it without enough thought and testing, and the original problem becomes secondary to the new one—the imagined solution.

I sincerely believe you need to put more thought into this sensor. My experience and knowledge tells me it has a poor chance of solving your problem.

Good luck.

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
Hu
@Idea4device I am surprised no one has revisited the impracticality of your "sensor". The idea of using a breaking wire is extremely impractical. The mechanics of ensuring it will behave as you expect, the cost of resetting it (both in time and materials), and the unknown but very suspect reliability make it a very poor choice without some testing to prove its efficacy.

My advice, from a long career of executing projects is to reconsider this part before making all the effort on the rest. While I would abandon it and look for a different solution, if you really feel it is a good idea, I would strongly suggest you build a test device that can prove out the method. This can be as simple as running the loop and seeing it if gets broken in the right circumstances and doesn't generate false alarms. It doesn't even require the circuit, a multimeter resistance check should be sufficient.

Sometimes we make the mistake of defining a problem in terms of a proposed solution. That is, we latch on to a possible solution and pursue it without enough thought and testing, and the original problem becomes secondary to the new one—the imagined solution.

I sincerely believe you need to put more thought into this sensor. My experience and knowledge tells me it has a poor chance of solving your problem.

Good luck.
YES, I READ YOUR WORDS TWICE.
This message seems it's enough for better journey in electronics. . .
About a breaker loop> I add this part as easily breakable by a fish. having 1lb wheight. /foreign animal etc.
I mean breaker loop is taken from old mini motors which will be insulated and easily breakable.

Sensor > sensor is doing a job which only hearing vibration of phone and trigger the LED to flash while only after reaching near device after getting alarm call >the alarm call is initiated only after the breaking of tiny copper line connected to fishing line ina special way/ in case of farm field loop can be long 1000mtr like a invisible fence.

In case of sensor do you have any other nice idea to flash the led while I calling into to the phone only after reaching device, but not at the alarm time , at alarm time ,the loop will break and key 1 connection get engaged to shorten togethe with the help of 4n25 in circuitr> results into long press of key 1 to create a voice mail call.

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
By "sensor" I was referring to the wire loop. It is fraught with shortcomings and that's why I encouraged you to test it. Given the level of complexity and budget you seem to be working with I would suggest you look for a solution that is above the water rather than in it. Being underwater adds many potential problems. Sensing the fist from the line that is not submerged makes much more sense to me.

I don't believe the problem of sensing the fish is solved. Without a good solution to this, the rest of the project is purely speculative. I believe you should test and perfect the "fish sensor", then add to the other subsystems to the project.

Good luck with this.

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
By "sensor" I was referring to the wire loop. It is fraught with shortcomings and that's why I encouraged you to test it. Given the level of complexity and budget you seem to be working with I would suggest you look for a solution that is above the water rather than in it. Being underwater adds many potential problems. Sensing the fist from the line that is not submerged makes much more sense to me.

I don't believe the problem of sensing the fish is solved. Without a good solution to this, the rest of the project is purely speculative. I believe you should test and perfect the "fish sensor", then add to the other subsystems to the project.

Good luck with this.
See device is floating , and only the insulated tiny copper loop is just connected with the fishing line to be break just after dragging by the fish. All Screenshot_20210228-210139~2.png

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
See device is floating , and only the insulated tiny copper loop is just connected with the fishing line to be break just after dragging by the fish. All
I am not sure I am communicating clearly. Why not use a switch located at "the device" to which the line is connected? You could arrange for whatever force you want to trigger it. The wire breaking is, frankly, a bizarre solution that seems to have no advantages and many disadvantages.

I don't think I can help you, I'm sorry. I hope you come to a good solution.

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
That doesn't tell me how much current the phone draws. The make and model # of the phone you will be using might help otherwise you will have to measure the current directly with a multimeter.
That doesn't tell me how much current the phone draws. The make and model # of the phone you will be using might help otherwise you will have to measure the current directly with a multimeter.
Yes this phone and it's current input is same as per it's company standard 550mAh

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
I am not sure I am communicating clearly. Why not use a switch located at "the device" to which the line is connected? You could arrange for whatever force you want to trigger it. The wire breaking is, frankly, a bizarre solution that seems to have no advantages and many disadvantages.

I don't think I can help you, I'm sorry. I hope you come to a good solution.
If it helps, more than a loop , I will consider it definitely, but can you please explain how it work when a switch in use near fishing line , which type of switch?