FIR Low Pass Filter Design (Windowed)

BGee2000

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Hi guys, my first post of the forum;

Really struggling with my DSP module at university; i had a problem in a lab this week and for the life of me i'm not sure how i go about approaching it.

I have a random signal, generated by a blackbox function in matlab; i converted said signal into the frequency domain through an fft and we have two noises we have to add to the original filter; after doing so the plan is to design a filter to filter out these noises and recover the original signal.

I have attached an image of the original signal; and the signal with the added signal/noise ratio.

my question is, is using matlab fda tool design in window'ed mode (specified) how do i go about selecting a filter; i.e. rectangular, blackmann etc. How do i choose an appropriate order based on the information i have available ?

My Fs is 90MHz
Fc is 1.04MHz

i've uploaded an FDA screenshot, showing my input values, but what exactly is it i'm looking for ?

I'm not asking for anybody to do the work for me, i'd just like a few pointers on how i go about designing a filter for the generated signal, as i'm honestly stumped and the lecture slides are useless.

Any information / links to some good material is appreciated.

Thankyou

Attachments