Finite State machine - 7 floor Elevator

Raul Garcia

Joined Sep 19, 2019
Hi Everybody, So I have this project:

• Got TWO inputs ( Up & Down)
- 8 LED’s orange
- 1 LED green
- 1 LED red

* basically each floor has two states (open or closed)
*The elevator can move one floor per cycle, this is one up or one down at the time
*The elevator can move only down or up with the door closed
*The elevator can only open the door after it has first stopped at a floor with the door closed.

-* If none of the buttons is pressed
a) elevator should stop and have the door open
b) if the elevator is already open, it should stay as it is
-*If down is pressed
a) the elevator should close the door (if open) and move down one floor per cycle.
b) if the elevator reaches the bottom floor, it should stop, and not open the door until the button is released.
-*if Up is pressed
a) the elevator should close the door (if open) and then move one floor per cycle.
b) if elevator reaches the top floor, it should stop and open the door until the button is released
-*if both buttons are pressed at once, the elevator should freeze or stop without changing any floors or the state of the door!

So I would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations, also schematics... I’m willing to make a donation if it works... I got pretty much done but, I need to have a second thought about it and complement my work! Thanks

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So I would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations, also schematics... I’m willing to make a donation if it works... I got pretty much done but, I need to have a second thought about it and complement my work! Thanks
Sure sounds like what you are really saying is that you are willing to pay someone to do your work for you so that you can get credit for someone else's work. That's not what Homework Help is about.

You need to post YOUR best attempt to solve YOUR assignment. We can then see where you are going wrong and help guide YOU into correcting your approach so that you can move forward.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
You say you have most of the "work" done,
if we could see that we can help you

Its basically a state machine, so what do you know about state machines,