Finding Thevenin Resistance with LTS

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
My memory has failed me as I have forgotten how to do this. DC operating point? Reducing the Vs to 1V and... Yes, I can do it with a pencil and paper and the answer is 1.5kΩ. The book I'm using (Malvino's Electronic Devices) uses Multisim, which I don't have or want. I need to be able to do this in LTS.
1606913986825.png

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
@ericgibbs Good intro to LTS but nothing on Resistance... There is a way to "trick" LTS into doing resistance measurements but I just flat can't remember how...

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Not sure I follow what you are trying to do.
Are you trying to get LTS to calculate the equivalent resistance of that circuit you have posted,?

E

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
K, didn't think about using the calculation feature as I am not that familiar with it. Was surprised to see kΩ on the graph until I saw the heading for the plotline and then the bulb lit up over my head. I'm still low on the learning curve for LTS.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
When using the Add Trace, you can enter chosen value from the listed values and use arithmetic symbols.
Click on the chosen symbol and it will be loaded into that text entry box at the bottom.
E