Finding mounting rails for my stereo project

Lawnmowerman

Joined May 11, 2022
Hello everyone, I believe I have a simple question. I’m building a stereo from the basic components, power supply, dsp amplifier boards, preamplifier board, ect. I ordered a Cheval electronic enclosure that came with two mounting rails but I need at least three, I think. My power supplys board is 4.92” x 2.56” and I have the two included rails set apart at 4.92. The amplifier boards are 3.6"L x 2.7"W and both will be stacked with standoffs. Any help to obtain another rail or two? I thought about using something like a thin hdpe sheet but I think using rails is the most legit mounting tactic. I’m open to any suggestions I might not be aware of.

DIY Electronic Enclosure Box Case 2U 87 x 178 x 203 mm. Full Aluminum Blue https://a.co/d/chricCS

A6002884-DB28-4B62-894D-7B2FC8EAA4F9.pngEFE54078-4B73-42C2-8BA6-0035A9425A6E.jpeg

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
My partial read:

• Two pieces of extruded aluminum general purpose bars for components fixing are included in the basic kit. Additional bars may be ordered as needed.
  • Optional mounting plates for PCB and heavy components such as transformers
  • Optional carrying straps can be installed by user for convenient handling.
This is Cheval the manufacturer. With any luck you should find a US distributor (or distributor for your location) and buy a few additional mounting rails. I can't tell from the image the rail type. They are not standard DIN rail. Another option, depending on your hardware would be remove the existing and replace with DIN rail which is standard and inexpensive.

Ron

Lawnmowerman

Joined May 11, 2022
My partial read:

• Two pieces of extruded aluminum general purpose bars for components fixing are included in the basic kit. Additional bars may be ordered as needed.
  • Optional mounting plates for PCB and heavy components such as transformers
  • Optional carrying straps can be installed by user for convenient handling.
This is Cheval the manufacturer. With any luck you should find a US distributor (or distributor for your location) and buy a few additional mounting rails. I can't tell from the image the rail type. They are not standard DIN rail. Another option, depending on your hardware would be remove the existing and replace with DIN rail which is standard and inexpensive.

Ron
Thanks Ron, I didn’t even know the term din rail, I’ll be googling it. Cheval on the Amazon page says just order more rails but it wasn’t showing up in the multiple search terms I could think of.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Over the years DIN rail became my new best friend. :)

Everything, well almost everything, in this large cabinet I mounted on DIN rail in my design.
C2 Cab Inside.jpg

The DIN rail is visible below the computer modules. All of the I/O relays are also din rail mounted. DIN rail is inexpensive and comes in a few heights. There are also endless universal mounting plates for the stuff. I also used it extensively in much smaller enclosures. :)

Ron