Find the occupy flag

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
If you guys are going sit on your jokes,I'm going out in search

of what left of the occupy.They had a court order that allowed

them to occupy city hall.They made the mistake of all leaving the place

unattended. The police was watching and when they gave up

there space the city took it back.The court may not give them

a new court order,because they gave up there cause.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I see a lot of flag poles without U.S. flags,check it out as you drive around.
Fla is more diverse than Texas,keep me up to date on your viewing.When
I give the pledge,I say it loud enough to let every one know its still there,
I have been at some meetings,when some one says"now the pledge"
there no flag in the room.We have pledged to a flag lapel pin,that a sorry
state of affairs.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Great to hear your patriotism.

I find it amazing that over here, people don't know our national anthem!!!:eek:

It's only a few lines long!!!

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Another aspect of patriotism is supporting the right to assemble, protest, right injustices and make one's voice heard. Just as important as the right to say the pleadge loud is the right to protest predatory practices by commercial institutions.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I received this in a chain email today, odd, because it is nearly exact text of something I posted on another forum over a year ago, but with some added stuff. And the 2 term limit removed.

I think the changes would definitely slow down the .gov and the number of laws created.

_*Congressional Reform Act of 2012*_
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 1/1/13. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I think congressional pay should be a fixed percentage of GDP, and should be borne by all (and only) individuals equally.

This way, they have an incentive to pass laws that improve the economy, not retard it. *And*, by being an out-of-pocket expense to voters, they (the voters) may be more wise in selecting their representation!

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Even better, let the voters in each congressional district decide how much the job pays. And pay them via a levy on that district. Equally apportioned, of course!

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Maybe there should be a form of competition in the job for senator.

Not sure how that would work, except a bit like the job market. You have to both be good at your job -and- accept a reasonable pay packet (both for yourself and your employer.)

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The biggest thing that bugs me is that they pass laws which they, and all government agencies (down to city level) are immune from.

Nobody should be exempt, but I guess some people are more equal than others.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Alright - I knew it had 5 verses...:)

Nobody sings more than the first verse anyway - even with Her Majesty present.

I don't mind so much that people may not know about "rebellious Scots to crush" and so on, but not even knowing the first verse... Jeeze Louise...:rolleyes:

Besides, I believe that it is really only three verses - another three were composed for certain events at that time. One certainly involves crushing rebellious Scots and another probably talks of hating the French. I'm not sure of the third though.

But don't get me started on certain presidents who speak over the top of it...;)

Last edited: