find out the burn resistor value?

kimhock

Joined Apr 13, 2007
who can teach me how to find out the burn resistor value?? resistor burn colour code missing & no circuit diagram.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
who can teach me how to find out the burn resistor value?? resistor burn colour code missing & no circuit diagram.
If the color code is burned off, the value of the resistor has probably changed, so you won't be able to measure it. You need a schematic or a parts list, and even then, the resistor probably failed because some other part failed first.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Just as RonH has pointed out, the resistor's value has been altered by the trauma of the overtemperature event. You will need a schematic to recover.

hgmjr

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The kind of thing you're talking about happens frequently in television circuits, particularly around the HV section. A capacitor can crack open or short, and cause a part halfway across the board to fail.

If you're dealing with consumer electronics such as TVs and radios, I suggest you check out Sams Technical Publishing website:
http://www.samswebsite.com/
You can purchase a downloadable schematic in PDF form for a reasonable cost.

I've been using their schematics for many years, and found them to be extremely helpful troubleshooting aids.