Final year project in embedded electronics.

khadii

Joined Mar 28, 2024
Hello, I'm working on a final year project: a control board for a speed controller for a three-phase AC motor, controlled by a PIC18F4431 and an LCD display. I will display the motor state (RUN/STOP), rotation direction (LEFT/RIGHT), rotation speed, and the temperature of the electronic board.

I have tried to create the simulation schema using PROTEUS ISIS. I would need assistance to verify if what I have done is correct, what I need to correct, or what I should add
And if there are any ideas to improve this project.

Attachments

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Those driver circuits aren't going to work.
How are you going to get the gate voltage of the top IGBTs above Vcc to get them fully enhanced?
How does it switch the IGBTs off?
Use a gate driver IC (or three).

khadii

Joined Mar 28, 2024
The circuit is powered by a 24V DC current and it converts it to a 24V DC current to power the motor coils, while the galvanic isolation circuit will be connected to 5V.
What should I change, please? If you can illustrate with an image or if you have documents or reports on making this type of control board.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
The circuit is powered by a 24V DC current and it converts it to a 24V DC current to power the motor coils, while the galvanic isolation circuit will be connected to 5V.
What should I change, please? If you can illustrate with an image or if you have documents or reports on making this type of control board.
I thought it was 230V. The text on the diagram is not clear.
At 24V, you might get it to work with bipolar transistors, provided you have:
1) enough base current to switch the transistor fully on (you don't specify the motor current, so I don't know how much that is)
2) enough dead time in each leg when no transistor is switched on.

However, don't think you are going to scale up that circuit to a proper motor! At 325V DC supply (rectified mains) you will really need MOSFETs or IGBTs and a half-bridge gate driver IC or three.