Feedouchenary Relationship

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
??Feedouchenary Relationship??

What is this and what conncetion does it have with the security of the AAC site. If you're going to try to express yourself it would be helpful if you could use real words and sentences with understandable syntax and semantics. I'm a native speake of English and I have trouble understanding this and other posts. I can't speak for the non-English speakers but they must be having difficulty as well. Would it be too much to ask for some clarity?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
That a arms lenght relationship,as close as you want to get. In
some of my post the guys know that I am from the south and
speak old english.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I think you made the word up, and that it is similar to another word which means something else. I find it odd that, the only Google hits for the alleged word are the posts in this forum. I know some Old English and you are definitely not writing that. Actually I'm at a loss for an appropriate description, but I think it is fair to say that it is extremly difficult to devine what you are trying to say from the methods you choose to express yourself. If it makes you happy then by all means swing for the fences.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I take that as a compliment, google was a Invented word,there Is
money to be made from Inventing words. In your opinion do I have the copy
right for that word,should (Mark44)pay me for chopping my word Into a comic
rountine. I am going to be word Inventor. J.Leno may find that rountine funny.
(How about paid a fee and got nary a bit or a --iff at arms lenght) Comic relief----
I have a post ask you to google your name,are you on google. Thanks for being
a good sport about this I respect you guys for all your knowledge.I also ran 10k
In your area Saint Charles or on perimeter of one of the lake's.

Last edited:

Mark44

Joined Nov 26, 2007
Loosewire,
Word inventor? My advice is don't give up your day job.

While there is always a need for new words to express new ideas, the need for new words that are merely misspellings of existing words is much smaller.

On the "Old English" comment, here is some actual Old English, along with its Modern English translation:

OE: se hwæl hine ábær tó Nineuéa byrg
ModE: the whale carried him to Nineva

The Old English is just barely recognizable to a modern English speaker. With the translation, you might be able to recognize a few of the words. Pretty obviously hwæl is whale, and even accounts for the way many people pronounce words that start with "wh" as if they were spelled "hw." ábær means carried; the infinitive is to carry, a synonym of "to bear." You can pick out Ninevah without much effort, and the last word, byrg, is almost identical to burg, town or city. Don't ask me what a whale was doing in the middle of present-day Iraq, though; I didn't make up this sentence.

I have heard that some of the folks in the remote parts of the Appalachians still speak a form of Elizabethan English (e.g., I'm a-going to town). This is not the same as Old English, which had its own alphabet that included letters like thorn (þ, as in þǽræfter or thereafter) and æ (as in æcern or acorn).

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I take that as a compliment, google was a Invented word,there Is
money to be made from Inventing words. In your opinion do I have the copy
right for that word,should (Mark44)pay me for chopping my word Into a comic
rountine. I am going to be word Inventor. J.Leno may find that rountine funny.
(How about paid a fee and got nary a bit or a --iff at arms lenght) Comic relief----
I have a post ask you to google your name,are you on google. Thanks for being
a good sport about this I respect you guys for all your knowledge.I also ran 10k
In your area Saint Charles or on perimeter of one of the lake's.
It is one thing to invent a new word with appropriate explanations and context. It is quite another thing to create the appearance of erudition without anything to back it up. Some may be amused at your effots to draw attention to yourself, but I hardly think it reflects well upon you.