Farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I recently posted a Memorial Day Tribute that I have posted in previous years:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/memorial-day-u-s-tribute.70529/

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/memorial-day-u-s-tribute.85462/

But now it is deemed "political and offensive" and was deleted.

In light of the pledge I made at the end of those tributes, I don't see how I can remain a member of this forum and be true to that pledge if a post like this is considered offensive.

So I must bid you all farewell.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This is the result of a dispute between moderators. I strongly disagreed with the Memorial Day Tribute being political, and had undeleted it. There is ongoing discussion in the moderator forum as a result.

I would ask for extra sensitivity on this subject. I am going to be extra vigilant and will delete any posts even close to the line on this one.

We need WBahn. I, for one, hate to see him go and hope he changes his mind at a later date. I had moderated this post for 24 hours hoping he would do so.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I read that Memorial Day tribute and there was absolutely nothing political about it. The fact that it was deemed "offensive", and removed, is appalling and whoever made that determination needs to do some SERIOUS soul-searching.

As a veteran I, too, will leave if this situation is not corrected.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
In what way do you want "correction"? The tribute is up, you have read it. I do not see it being removed again.

Again, there is a private conversation going between moderating staff.

Whether WBahn returns is up to him, and no one else.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I didn't find WBahn's post especially offensive, but, in my opinion, it was political. As I have previously posted, I find parts of the AAC TOS logically inconsistent, and this is an example. The ban on politics and religion is impossible to enforce objectively because the very definitions of politics and religion are subjective.

Members come and members go; that's the way forums are. Those that leave abruptly have their reasons, but most often it's because they are offended in some way. It's similar to a marriage: one must decide if the pleasure is worth the pain.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/us_navy_pages/frigates/pages/duncan_ffg_10_page_1.htm

The ship on which I served(and the pictures were taken just after I had been assigned to her as a Fire Control Tech)
If anyone should feel offended by any patriotic view, or ANY view held by ANY American, for any reason. Remember that people have been fighting and dying for the rights you have to freely express your 'offense' at another persons deeply held beliefs.

NEVER say you are sorry for holding viewpoints, or opinions, which others find offensive. People have died so that you can be offended, and be free to offend, as you wish. To apologize for your own expressions and thoughts is to offend those who died so that you were free to do so.

And people who decide to leave this forum, as I understand this particular situation, should realize that the 'owners' have decided what they want to represent to the world at large, and are fully FREE to do so. To deny them that right is the true offense. I do wish that these 'owners' also realize how those freedoms were secured for them, and what it means to deny expressions which support those who purchased it for them with their lives.

:(

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Due to the ongoing discussions among the moderating staff I am closing this thread.

It has the serious potential to turn into a flame war. I will monitor the Memorial Thread closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.