Extreme Low Frequency Project

fsoender

Joined Dec 10, 2015
I forgot to add some info about using an H-bridge.
An H-bridge would just be a current flow controller that switches the polarity of two points on the bridge. In one output condition the +output would simply forward bias a diode that would enable F1 transmission with F2 transmission turned off due to a reverse biased diode. Switching to the output of the bridge would then reverse bias the F1 diode and forward bias the F2 diode. Both F1 and F2 can be turned off by the third state of the H-bridge, both outputs turned off so nothing is transmitted.

Yeah, I've seen it called push and pull transistor state.
In a motor, one half is to drive the motor forward, and then other half is to reverse the motor.

So if I understand it right, in my case it would be to make positive and negative pulses?

SWer

Joined Dec 20, 2015
Yeah, I've seen it called push and pull transistor state.
In a motor, one half is to drive the motor forward, and then other half is to reverse the motor.

So if I understand it right, in my case it would be to make positive and negative pulses?
That's not exactly what I had in mind but consider this:

In your transmitter you will be switching between two distinct frequencies, one frequency to transmit a "1" and the other frequency to transmit a "0", something similar to FSK. Now consider the case in which you want to transmit neither, the transmitter is off. You can't do that with a simple on/off switch but you could use an H-bridge arrangement to switch between the two frequencies using the polarity switching ability of the bridge to control which one of the two different oscillators is enabled. Using your words, the "push" to turn on the "1" oscillator and the "pull" to turn on the "0" oscillator. With both sides of the H-bridge turned off, neither oscillator is turned on and nothing is transmitted.

This is all just "brain-storming" a possible way to transmit data at ELF. No polarities of pulses should be inferred from what I've said.

fsoender

Joined Dec 10, 2015
That's not exactly what I had in mind but consider this:

In your transmitter you will be switching between two distinct frequencies, one frequency to transmit a "1" and the other frequency to transmit a "0", something similar to FSK. Now consider the case in which you want to transmit neither, the transmitter is off. You can't do that with a simple on/off switch but you could use an H-bridge arrangement to switch between the two frequencies using the polarity switching ability of the bridge to control which one of the two different oscillators is enabled. Using your words, the "push" to turn on the "1" oscillator and the "pull" to turn on the "0" oscillator. With both sides of the H-bridge turned off, neither oscillator is turned on and nothing is transmitted.

This is all just "brain-storming" a possible way to transmit data at ELF. No polarities of pulses should be inferred from what I've said.
Perfect, I got it, will design it up and test it out, thanks again!