Europe holydays

martahan

Joined Nov 23, 2006
Hallo everybody
I am going to go to Italy, but I don't know which cities to visit
Could you give me some advice?
Has anybody been to that country? what are your impression?
Thanks you in advance

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This is a no brainer
Fierenze(Florence) to see the David
Milano(Milan) to see the Duomo and the Last Supper by DaVinci
Roma(Rome) Colliseum, and the Vatican

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't mean to be rude, but if English is not your first language, this may help to clarify things. The word you wrote "holydays" and the word you meant holidays are very close in meaning and usage. The word you meant, "holidays", commonly means any secular reason for taking a day or days off work.

"Remember Remember the 5th of November
The gunpowder treason and plot..."
(Guy Fawkes day in the UK)

or

"I have a dream..."
(MLK Birthday in the US - Jan 15th)

Holy Days(two words) are religious festivals.
Christmas, Yom Kippur, Ramadan etc..

It's a really picky point but how are you ever going to learn if nobody points these things out.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
As always I'm the awkward Adminstrator, but Bonfore Night (5th November) is not officially classed as a holiday, we just celebrate it by lighting big bonfires and firework displays. Believe me I would love it if we got a day off!! A good example from the UK is the good ol' Bank Holidays.

And I'll stop being an awkward so-and-so!

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I can't take any more of this -- :)
Ah ok, I got the face word (faccia) and piu as more but making it make sense was beyond my feeble linguistic skills.

Yes, I can't take any more of this, hence why I said "Possiamo comunichiamo l'inglese preferibilmente" ("Can we talk in English" - so I'm led to believe :rolleyes: ).

Dave

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Ah ok, I got the face word (faccia) and piu as more but making it make sense was beyond my feeble linguistic skills.

Yes, I can't take any more of this, hence why I said "Possiamo comunichiamo l'inglese preferibilmente" ("Can we talk in English" - so I'm led to believe :rolleyes: ).

Dave
I think papabravo wanted to say something like "Loose your face more". Not a very good advice, in my opinion. :D:D:D