ESP32 get data from max17043

Dave Lowther

Joined Sep 8, 2016
Both those links do this for me :)
1670366906208.png
So I'm not going to risk visiting them.
Also yes I meant the ESP3.3v pin to the VCC in the max17043 module.

Perhaps first I, or someone here, could help you check the wiring before you power it up?
Sure what do you need from me?
Info on the function of the pins on the max17043 module and whether there is a voltage regulator on the underside of the board. Also a schematic showing how you intend to connect the following together:
- The 5V + GND from USB
- The 5V, GND and 3.3V pins on the ESP32
- How you are going to connect the pins on the max17043 module to the ESP32.

Something I didn't answer from an earlier post
I forgot to connect an interrupt (the ALT) which is required, do you know where I will connect it on the esp32?
I don't know which pin it would be best to connect it to on the ESP32 without doing some research. At the moment I think it would be better to focus on getting the I2C working. AFAICT the interrupt does not need to be connected for I2C to work. The interrupt is a way for the max17043 module to raise an alarm to the ESP32 about low battery power.

AttentionPls

Joined Dec 5, 2022
Both those links do this for me :)
View attachment 282421
So I'm not going to risk visiting them.

Info on the function of the pins on the max17043 module and whether there is a voltage regulator on the underside of the board. Also a schematic showing how you intend to connect the following together:
- The 5V + GND from USB
- The 5V, GND and 3.3V pins on the ESP32
- How you are going to connect the pins on the max17043 module to the ESP32.

Something I didn't answer from an earlier post

I don't know which pin it would be best to connect it to on the ESP32 without doing some research. At the moment I think it would be better to focus on getting the I2C working. AFAICT the interrupt does not need to be connected for I2C to work. The interrupt is a way for the max17043 module to raise an alarm to the ESP32 about low battery power.
Managed to get it to work! Replaced it with the new one and the scanner found the address right away, as well as the readings seem quite accurate, was wondering about the ALT pin so I can alert about lower battery too

Dave Lowther

Joined Sep 8, 2016
was wondering about the ALT pin so I can alert about lower battery too
Does the software you have already include that feature?
I imagine that it's only necessary if you aren't regularly getting the info from I2C. e.g. if the ESP32 was sleeping and needed to be woken up (via the ALT interrupt).

AttentionPls

Joined Dec 5, 2022
Does the software you have already include that feature?
I imagine that it's only necessary if you aren't regularly getting the info from I2C. e.g. if the ESP32 was sleeping and needed to be woken up (via the ALT interrupt).
Yeah what I did is to check if it's lower than 20 percent when it wakes up to alert for low
Thank you for all your help, I learned a ton!