Eprom programmer issue

Marc27ukk

Joined Feb 25, 2021
Hi

From time to time I need to program eproms to fit into small circuit boards that run old computer programs etc. I usually use 27c020/040/080 and have 2 programmers.

Ive recently come across the following chip that i need to program:

Microchip 39sf040

Ive found the part i need but its not listed on either of my eprom programmers. Ive googled for hours but cant seem to find what i need to program this chip.

Anyone know what I need to purchase to program this chip? Its driving me insane

Thanks

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
Ive found the part i need but its not listed on either of my eprom programmers. Ive googled for hours but cant seem to find what i need to program this chip.
It might be helpful if you gave model numbers for your programmers.

I use some Willem programmers. They're not fast, but they support a lot of devices. The cheapest are around $30, but they use the parallel port. I keep an old WinME laptop for them. There are a lot of variants and some of them are crap. I use a Willem 4.1.

Marc27ukk

Joined Feb 25, 2021
Hi

Thanks, i have two programmers:

GQ PRG-108 GQ-4X V4
Top 2008 programmer

And neither list this particular one. Im quite happy to buy another programmer and ive asked a few suppliers but I just can't seem to find the right one.

Thanks

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Wow thanks! I tried it again and bang it was there! I think i must of mistyped it this morning.
Hopefully MCUmall did a better job with this programmer (their own design). They used to sell some of the programmers that were crap (specifically the Enhanced Universal Willem Programmer). All of the PCB[345] variants had power problems too. Willem was the only one who understood the problem and he made the Willem 4.1 to fix it.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I use the TL866 II Plus programmer and it has a list of over14,000 EEPROMs it can handle. Powerful little toll, priced reasonably and comes with lots of extras.