Enthusiasm After Age 35.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Ah, Beer, my favorite topic! When I was young in Texas, we all drank Lone Star. Good San Antonio beer. After I moved away, I drank Budwiser for several decades, until I couldn't stand another. Then my girlfriend turned me on to Amber Bock. Lately, I've been an a Blue Moon crusade.

Two of my best friends have schizophrenia. One is a kid I've known all my life. I am aware of the personal trials of its sufferers. All I can say is always take your medicine. One of my friends always gets better on his meds and then thinks he doesn't need them anymore. Then he spins out of control until an intervention is needed to get him back on again.

I'm sorry, I don't have any better advice. I've suffered depression for most of my life, nothing like what I'm sure you go through, but I do sympathize. Hopefully, you have friends and family who support you. That makes a huge difference. Otherwise, please don't give up on finding a solution. Maybe its focusing on a new project. That's a subject we can be more help with :)

Now, Lestraveled, where is that bar with the cute barmaids. When I lived in Tucson, I liked hanging out at the Maverick. Honestly, I never found a club I like better in the 15 years since I left.

Last edited:

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You could brew your own, making it is a fun hobby in itself, you can make it as bitter as you like, pale or dark, different yeasts, and then you get a tasty beer at the end.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
When I am doing "maintenance", a cold Bud Lite does the trick. Dos XXs Amber (on tap only) with lime is a good "sit at the bar" beer. When I am in the mood for something hoppy, I go for Arrogant Bastard ale, or Sierra Nevada.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Me and my wife like comfortable bars. We live in the Southwest part of Tucson so choices are a little limited. There is a Chile's with the prettiest/nicest barmaids, coldest beer, and good (good enough) food. Sometimes we go to "Tiny's", which is a very "earthy" neighbor hood bar that caters to retirees and bikers. You never know who you are going to sit next to at the bar. We have met the most bizarre people there.

When I am doing "maintenance", a cold Bud Lite does the trick. Dos XXs Amber (on tap only) with lime is a good "sit at the bar" beer. When I am in the mood for something hoppy, I go for Arrogant Bastard ale, or Sierra Nevada.
What you need is some RUM. Overproof RUM and coke.

Make it a tripple (that's illegal in Australia at an bar)