EMC problems in PCB design

Alejofnb

Joined Dec 24, 2019
Hi there! I'm currently studying an electronic and telecomunications engineering and i have two months free of study because of university holidays. So i'm wondering about how to learn EMC issues that could happen in a PCB design by myself, as i've found that lot of jobs are seeking for people with that kind of acknowledge. I'm not too much into PCB design, i've barely done two PCB design during my career and all i want to do now is a project from the beggining, where EMC issues have to take into account. Any ideas on where to learn about EMC? (Any suggestion like pdf books, free courses and that stuff..?) And also i don't see where to learn PCB design by myself. I have a little idea about some components that always appear on every schematic such as capacitors near supply sources and that stuff, but i kind of feel that if a company give me a big and more realistic project, i would have problems to deal with it at first place. Thanks in advance!

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Any chance of doing an internship with some company that does EMI testing?

Most computer products sold in Spain have to be certified to meet EU RFI and EMI standards -among others. There certainly must be companies testing their products or as consulting sesrvice. The sales representative of manufacturers of top-end spectrum analyzers can probably tell you who is doing testing.

Alejofnb

Joined Dec 24, 2019
Any chance of doing an internship with some company that does EMI testing?

Most computer products sold in Spain have to be certified to meet EU RFI and EMI standards -among others. There certainly must be companies testing their products or as consulting sesrvice. The sales representative of manufacturers of top-end spectrum analyzers can probably tell you who is doing testing.
I would like to join a company that does that sort of stuff, maybe as intern. But i feel like i have to gain some acknowledge in that field before that happens, that's why i am posting this. I have to be more prepared and i'm seeking the way to do it by myself in order to have a bigger chance to pass future interviews. But thanks for your advice!