Electronics Formula Excel Cheat Sheet Project

KD5JKH

Joined Jan 8, 2009
This is a worth while project. What is the status of this project so far, any plans to complete. If already completed where would the most up to date file be located

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
This is not strictly electronics, but has power conversions, and energy conversions. It's a great utility to keep on your desktop, and it has a customize feature, with which you can create your own conversions.

Gary

Attachments

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Some comments to the folks who administer this thread:

Many people don't have Excel and can't afford it. Open Office's Calc is a spreadsheet that can open and use run-of-the-mill Excel spreadsheets. However, if it involves macros, they aren't compatible. I know no one would want to go back and convert the existing stuff, but I would recommend that the posted Excel spreadsheets not get too "fancy" (i.e., use esoteric features of Excel) in order to cater to a wider audience.

I would discourage people from posting compiled executables, such as Gdrumm's message. Personally, I'd never run a compiled program or a script that I hadn't vetted the source code or got it from someone I trusted. The risk of an infected program is nonzero -- and there's the possibility of a commercial program being posted. Now, I'm explicitly saying I'm not accusing Gdrumm of posting a virus or a commercial program, but the fact is I'd expect few people would want to run a program of unknown pedigree.