Electronics Engineering

crazyengineer

Joined Dec 29, 2010
So I been in college for three years now, and I decided I want to get into the electronics engineering side of electrical engineering. What do you guys suggest I should do in order to make myself properly equip to be an electronics engineer?

crazyengineer

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I 'd say learn your OpAmps, circuit analysis, and microcontrollers. And build some PCBs if you feel like it, using a perfboard. Any design helps.
Alrighty. However I heard there's two different sub fields of electronics engineering: digital and power. Are there more sub fields of electronics engineering?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I don't think there are much more divisions. You could say analog maybe, and it's a hi-tec field, but not as wide as the other two.

If you are more interested in power electronics (which I am not) you should look out for circuit analysis methods, motors and control systems.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
There are lots of divisions: Analog, digital, power, semiconductor fabrication, digital signal processing, computer engineering electro-magnetics, electro-mechanical... just to name a few.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Don't forget telecommunications. It's more a field in its own right than just a branch of electrical engineering, but it provides employment for a large number of electronic engineers. Without it, we could not have this discussion.