Electronics base FYP idea required

abdullah8391

Joined Sep 6, 2015
Hi everyone.
In next two weeks I have to submit my FYP proposal. I am doing specialization in Electronics (Electronics isn't my strong point though). I want suggestions for project that could be completed in 4-6 months (considering that i have to start from 0) and the equipment used in project should be easily available. Any helping material is highly appreciated (kindly if possible, refer me something that can easily understood for beginner).
Also i have read almost all threads from completed projects section and project articles and couldn't find anything big enough for my project.

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi everyone.
In next two weeks I have to submit my FYP proposal. I am doing specialization in Electronics (Electronics isn't my strong point though). I want suggestions for project that could be completed in 4-6 months (considering that i have to start from 0) and the equipment used in project should be easily available. Any helping material is highly appreciated (kindly if possible, refer me something that can easily understood for beginner).
Also i have read almost all threads from completed projects section and project articles and couldn't find anything interesting.
Well, if you've looked at all the random completed projects and did find anything interesting, do you think it will be efficient if we all just throw a random list of more projects at you? No? I didn't either.

why don't you think about your day, and all the little irritating things that could be better. Then present a list here and we can discuss projects that could make your life better.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Find something that has no business being connecting to the Internet- and connect it to the internet.

You will be right there on the cutting edge.
You might even get offers from VC firms to fund your new company.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If it isn't your strong point, then why are you specializing in it?

If you have read all 160 threads in the Completed Projects forum and found nothing that interested you, then why are you specializing it?

If you need a project that let's you start from zero and can be done by a beginner, then how are you going to sell it as a FINAL YEAR project in an Electronics specialization?

Perhaps you would be better served in the long run to consider your chosen specialization. Ask yourself, with brutal honesty, why you chose it and whether it was a good choice. You may well find that switching, even at this late date, to a different field that better suits both your strengths and interests will pay off in the long run.

abdullah8391

Joined Sep 6, 2015
Well, if you've looked at all the random completed projects and did find anything interesting, do you think it will be efficient if we all just throw a random list of more projects at you? No? I didn't either.

why don't you think about your day, and all the little irritating things that could be better. Then present a list here and we can discuss projects that could make your life better.
I am an inexperienced student who has completed 3 years of Engineering studies and now one important year is left. I said in experienced because i don't have any exposure to industry. No matter how hard I may think all that comes to my mind are small projects like home automation, motor speed counter, FM transmitters & receivers etc (In my university we did all these projects in regular semesters). So I want at least a topic to think out of the box/ think bigger. Since here most of the people are pros and they have the exposure of outer world so that's why I posted here.

abdullah8391

Joined Sep 6, 2015
Find something that has no business being connecting to the Internet- and connect it to the internet.

You will be right there on the cutting edge.
You might even get offers from VC firms to fund your new company.
Are we talking about IOT here? If yes then I am already planning to introduce IOT at the end of my completed project. :)

abdullah8391

Joined Sep 6, 2015
If it isn't your strong point, then why are you specializing in it?

If you have read all 160 threads in the Completed Projects forum and found nothing that interested you, then why are you specializing it?

If you need a project that let's you start from zero and can be done by a beginner, then how are you going to sell it as a FINAL YEAR project in an Electronics specialization?

Perhaps you would be better served in the long run to consider your chosen specialization. Ask yourself, with brutal honesty, why you chose it and whether it was a good choice. You may well find that switching, even at this late date, to a different field that better suits both your strengths and interests will pay off in the long run.
It isn't my strong point because of the instructor, we studied 2 electronics courses and all he taught us was:
1. Diodes & Special purpose diodes.
2. BJT's & FET's (basic level circuits from floyd)
3. Oscilators (basic level circuits from floyd)
With this knowledge it was really hard for me to even design FM transmitter. That is the reason I said that I have to start from 0. I don't mind studying 8-14 hours a day if I find a way to reach my goal.

My bad, I shouldn't have used word 'interesting'. Several of them were interesting but I couldn't find something big enough that would satisfy my FYP instructor.

Sorry i couldn't get 3rd point.

Honestly, our class has strength of 21-23 students, so none of us have choice other than electronics. And for me, electronics is interesting and I believe that I will survive in this field. All I need is a topic to start!