Electronic Stethoscope Project

Baterka274

Joined Oct 2, 2015
Hello,
I have a school project and I need to construct electronic stethoscope. I could choose some designed circuit and build a stethoscope according to this scheme. I chose electronic circuit which I found on this forum. I know all values of resistors, capacitors and stuff. But I would like to ask you, if you could give me some information about the type of microphone that I can use and about parameters of this mic.

Attachments

Baterka274

Joined Oct 2, 2015
And don't you know what type of electret microphone i should choose? And I have a question: What is the function of C1and C6? Do they smooth signal? My teacher thinks that we can eliminate them but don't I need anything to achieve as much "clear" signal as it is possible?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
The function of C1 is to decouple the power rail to the electret, I would recommend that you do not remove.
C6 is part of the power rail decoupling, I would not remove it.

I would have thought for a medical instrument that the reduction of any stray electrical noise would be important.

Why does your teacher think you should remove them.??

I would choose a electret microphone that has a flat frequency response over the range of frequencies you are measuring.