Electronic Snake And Ladder

aimee

Joined Apr 7, 2007
Kamustasas to all,. since my first project was too complicated, I come up with new proposal but still I need the help of you guys,..:D I want to create a snake and ladder board which uses a 7-segment roller as dice then a light representing each player, eg. (player1=red, player 2=green, both player in one cube=blue).. when a botton is pushed the dice roll then the light automaticaly moves corresponding to the 7 segmet displayed number. then when someone stop at snake or ladder cube the light also goes to the directed cube.:rolleyes:
This was all just an Idea so i don't have anything yet in regard to this project, soo please I need all the help I can get,.. ;'(

I have done few research and I found a circuit for the 7-segment dice,. that's all I have,.. soo please please,.. HEELLLPP!!!

any suggestion to make it simplier is also acceptable...

TNX GUYS! AiMeE\m/(0_0)\m/

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The amount of logic necessary to direct the dice roll to the proper LED and so on is enormous. A microcontroller is a great deal more likely to be able to do this. That still requires programming the functions and wiring up the external circuitry to drive the dice display and board LED's.

At a guess, you are looking at several months minimum to get the software/hardware design set up and debugged. Have you the resources and time to put all that effort into the project?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I don´t think that it is impossible to make it from logic ICs, but it all depends on the lengh of the snake.

You would just need a binary adder and 1ofX decoders for each player, plus the electronic dice.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If the path is a line without alternative paths, you're probably right. If one falls off the ladder, there will have to be a means to decrement the counter as well.