electronic house fly repeller

eceeng

Joined May 8, 2007
gud day to all. I'm working on a project which aims to serve as a repellant to house flies. can anyone help me find some links that can help me? I am planning to innovate the electronic mosquito repeller circuits available in the web. it says that the mosquitoes are repelled by frequencies ranging from 30khz-50khz and i'm wondering if this bit of information is also applicable to houseflies.

i hope to here from you soon.

thanks...

eceeng

Joined May 8, 2007
thanks for the links.

now i must search for the frequencies that bothers houseflies.

by the way, the joke made me smile.:)

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
know what,
the sprays i use does not even have much effect on them these just grow resistant to anything but they cant resist human blood (0Q0).

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
thanks for the links.

now i must search for the frequencies that bothers houseflies.

by the way, the joke made me smile.:)
I'm not sure there is one. I see no biological or evolutionary reason why they should be sensitive to the frequency of anything. What is the basis for this supposition? I'd like to know.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
i think its something like the frequency somewhat matches with wing's frequency and causes trouble for the flies not sure how much of that is true those things didnt work for me, also there may be an issue of range in terms of distance.

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
i think its something like the frequency somewhat matches with wing's frequency and causes trouble for the flies not sure how much of that is true those things didnt work for me, also there may be an issue of range in terms of distance.
Do you mean the frequency resonates with the poor flies wings and they just fall down? Ingenious :p

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
Do you mean the frequency resonates with the poor flies wings and they just fall down? Ingenious :p
i got that idea when i was searching the net.i might be wrong but that is probably the case of vibrations in air causing trouble for fly,i m skeptical abt that myself but we wont know unless we try flying ourself ;)
generating a series of individual ultrasonic turbulence waves wherein each turbulence wave is of a selected frequency having a multiple of the wing speed of said insect,

controlling generation of said ultrasonic turbulence waves whereby each turbulence wave of said selected frequency is generated for a fraction of a second serially in succession,

broadcasting said ultrasonic turbulence waves over an intended area for causing flight turbulence to the insect for repelling said insect from said area.
more info in the posted links.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
As a pilot I know something about flying in turbulent air in a fixed wing airframe. It is not especially pleasant, but not scary or fatal either. Insects achieve flight by a much different mechanism, and I'm not sure they would have much of a problem with ultrasonic turbulence since it seems like it would be substantially greater in frequency than a typical wingspeed.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Maybe, as has been mentioned, electronically mimicing a preditor is a fruitful approach to take in implementing a fly repeller.

hgmjr

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
so may be we dont need an electronic device but a gr8 mimic artist may be i will
record it and keep playing it ,anyone interested in making the sound? :D

eceeng

Joined May 8, 2007
I'm not sure there is one. I see no biological or evolutionary reason why they should be sensitive to the frequency of anything. What is the basis for this supposition? I'd like to know.
i found a circuit that is designed to repel mosquitoes. According to the application notes, mosquitoes are repelled by frequencies ranging from 30khz-50khz. It claims that animals and insects are bothered by certain frequencies so I assume that there is some point in the frequency spectrum that will scare house flies. The schematic diagram and overview of this circuit is found in the link
http://www.electronic-circuits-diagrams.com/homegardenimages/homegardenckt1.shtml

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
No, that's not the cause. The only reason is because that sound is not pleasant to them, so they fly away.

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
One sure thing is, any loud noise is uncomfortable and we always trying our hardest to avoid it. So, does a fly have ears? :D

Edit: the above supposition might not be valid, because the young son of my neighbour seems to flourish inside his car listening to loud banging noise from his megazillions watts sound system that seems to output only frequency under 200Hz :p

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
perhaps flies can make a headphone and listen to Beatles :D
i m not sure of any of the above mentioned theories but i think the explanation i posted were was what the two links initially posted by me wanted to convey.
i have found out that the frequencies are in the range of aout 30-50 khz.